Chapter 54: Two Broken Hearts

Two days had passed and no one bothered to ask Y/N what should be done next. The royalties remained in the girls' safe house while the girls stayed at the big house.

The girls also learned things about the royalties. They didn't just sit there and wait, of course, there were so many things they should know about each other's places.

Y/N on the other hand left the house for some personal reason. For two days she's been broken but she never showed it. She did hope, and she did hope very hard until the time she saw Tzuyu who she thought was the one she loved.

But after thinking and clues, she realized she was not the same girl she loved. And it broke her so much thinking she waited for long years for someone who was not even aware of her sacrifices and feelings.

"You came back. I haven't heard from you since you brought me back to my house."

Y/N looked back and saw Jun walking towards him. Y/N is sitting again in her loved ones' tombs feeling foolish for believing that they will come back.

"I thought you'll never visit them anymore... Because you believe—"

"It's not them, Jun," Y/N said bitterly.

Jun sat down beside Y/N with a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"I had an encounter with vampires... They are fucking strong... I was so close to dying, Jun...  I thought I would see them again. I thought I failed again. But they showed up. I don't know, I don't know where. But they did show up. The next thing happened, I woke up back in the safe house. I thought I was dreaming but no, then I realized... It wasn't them. It's not Tzuyu, Jun...  It's just someone who looked like her." Y/N said between her sharp pauses because she was stopping her tears to fall again with the sudden flashback.

Jun sighed sadly, he also did want to see her niece. But he already accepted that they were dead. He's the one who buried them, 'course he knew.

Jun pulled Y/N into a hug which made Y/N break down. Her sobs went louder than the silent cries she made the few days. Jun just continued to console the younger.

"I was so foolish. Even after your warnings, I still did hope it was them."

"Don't say that. You're the smartest, right? You topped your school. It's just that...  It's what our heart desires."

"Where are they?" Jun asked.

Y/N pulled back and wiped her tears to compose herself.

"In the safe house, I guess... The girls have been checking on them. I'm sure they already knew what happened. They just don't tell me yet because I've been ignoring them. I don't wanna face them yet. It's so embarrassing to see myself being so wrong for expecting them to come back. But one thing is for sure, they are different people."

"Y/N I'd be so inconsiderate and hypocritical if I tell you that you should move on. Because I was scared and hid for ten years without doing anything. But now you're back, and I gained more trust and confidence to make things right for the people we lost. You have a mission, Y/N. You have a prophecy to mend. And these people came here for a reason. They need your help."

"Y/N."

The two looked back and saw Nayeon standing behind them. Jun was surprised as he saw a look-alike of Y/N's friend who also died that time.

"Karina said that you must be here... I forced her to tell me because I need to talk to you."

Jun looked at Y/N whose eyes are filled with nothing but sorrow. As if she went back to the first day she lost her loved ones.

"I'll come back," Jun said sensing that he needs to give them time to talk.

As Jun left, Y/N was left with the queen. She walked to Y/N who was sitting in front of ten tombs. And of course, she's surprised to see one of it has her name.

"Are they... your friends?" 

Y/N didn't reply but she remained her gaze on the gray stones. Nayeon sat down next to the girl and sighed deeply.

"I may not know how it feels for waiting ten years for your loved ones to come back, but I did wait too... And expect." Nayeon said.

"You see, no one knows about each other's world existing in the same orbit... I had high hopes, to see... This girl I loved. I haven't told my true feelings to her. I just realized when she left that I really feel something more than like and adoration. She and I are currently living in different places. And I can't go where she is. Same as her. That's why when I got the chance, I instantly grab it. Before we came here, I thought I can finally see her. But then when I saw you... drinking that blood to recover, I knew it wasn't her."

Y/N looked at Nayeon whose eyes are now shining because of her tears.

"You expected it was her."

"Yeah," Nayeon replied almost in the air.

"That's why I know what you feel. You must be feeling much more than I feel, but I do see where you are coming from. Ten years...  When I heard it from Lily, I wondered if I can also wait that long. She's a creator, she lives in heaven, the mirror that makes both of our worlds exist. Y/N I know you've become so strong for the past ten years. But you can't stop there. Yes, I know that my reason is mainly to see the creator, but I also went here to save our world. I even dragged some of my friends. I forced Jihyo to tell what she saw in her vision. I can't lose the world that once was saved by the person I love."

Both went silent after that. They just let the wind be the sound of their surroundings.

"She's my mom...  Ijun, I wasn't even able to talk to her before she died. She went missing before we fought the vampires.  Imagine the fear in me when I have to save lives instead of finding my mother who's close to death at the hands of the vampires." Y/N said bitterly.

Nayeon let her talk as she knows she's been dying to tell it to someone. Because after all, it's a sign of how she missed those people.

"Momo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun...  They were my close friends. When I was still in school, I always go with them. Because no one wants to be so close to me. I lived in the school since I was a kid. It's like my home too. And then my mom became a principal which made it harder for me to find real friends. They just talk to me because I am the principal's daughter and because of the reputation I made."

"Then, Jihyo... She was my first friend and best friend. But things went tough growing up. She hated me, but eventually, we became friends again... After years. Sadly that time we haven't got much time after being back as friends. We had to fight and save lives."

"Then Sana, Jeongyeon, Mina, and Nayeon...  They're friends with Jihyo. But we do talk. But because of Jihyo's hate for me, we barely have interactions." Y/N softly chuckled.

"So you weren't that close to my other self." Nayeon chuckled.

Y/N just smiled and looked at one tomb.

"Then Tzuyu...  She's my first roommate. Before she came, I have to be by myself in one room. So I always go to my mom's and sleep with her. When she came, I knew we would be good friends...  Took some time to pursue her, but we did become friends...  Then close friends, subject partners...  And then she confessed to me and we became girlfriends." Y/N said as if she was just telling a story.

For Nayeon, she finds it weird to hear the names of her friends. But she always reminds herself that Y/N is referring to her friends who died. She also somehow enjoys listening to the girl's story. She knows she's helping her by that.

"Before I lost my consciousness that time. I saw you all fight with the vampires. With different powers than I expected. And her...  She's throwing ice...  My love won't do that...  If it's really her, she'll immediately turn into a werewolf just to protect me...  She's my little werewolf." Y/N chuckles and tears slid down her cheek.

"That's how I was able to tell. When I looked at your friend, I know she feels what I am feeling. But all of those are just sympathy. I was lost for a few seconds when I told her what I actually wanted to tell my love."