Chapter 95: Scares

Y/N stood there as she watches her own kind turn the older one into her own kind's prey. The vampire had it all. Not living any single drop as if he's sucking his prey's whole life.

Despite the scene, Y/N didn't remove her eyes from Sejun. She's anticipating the reaction to her work to the situation, hoping at least he will survive because that's what the vial is for.

But it didn't happen. Even the girls who are watching were confused too, especially Haewon, Karina, and Gaeul who are fully aware of what should happen when a person took the shot of retractor.

Sejun had the same moment as the other victims of half-vampires who went into a seizure as the vampire injected their venom into them. And Y/N wasn't prepared to see it. As she thought Sejun would survive, the older ended up dying after having a seizure. And the vampire was so elated that he was charged with blood.

Eunwoo looked at Y/N with an alive look as if his life was back after that amount of blood he took.

"Thank you for a meal, my lady. I appreciated your kind gesture, you're not evil of yourself, are you?"

Eunwoo slowly walked towards Y/N, dragging the chain that has been penetrating him for how many days. Tho Y/N remained calm after she failed expectations, Y/N didn't budge to move.

"But you won't still get what you want for me." He whispered as he was holding onto the bars and looking fiercely over Y/N.

Y/N was about to leave but something stopped her. A sight of Euwnoo, having a mild reaction to something. It was subtle at first, not noticeable by the people watching them through the screen, but Y/N noticed it.

She turned to look at Eunwoo who was now sitting on the ground and holding his stomach. Again, it's just subtle. Eunwoo was just trying to figure out what was wrong as he started to feel things inside him.

Tho Y/N already has a clue of what might happen.

"W-what did you do?" Eunwoo speak as his struggle started to get visible and the girls who are watching noticed it too.

Eunwoo clenches his fist onto his stomach as he felt an unbearable pain crawling to her body up to his neck to his head.

"Y/N! What did you do to me?!" Eunwoo screamed with a dragging voice as he is practically crawling for his life.

"What did I do to you? I gave you a gift. Isn't that what you need?" Y/N said with an almost unrecognizable tone. 

Nayeon hearing it, can't help but feel shivers down her spine.

"I guess you should ask what I did to him. But I won't tell you. I wanna see you suffer, for everything you've done."

"Y/N!"

"Eunwoo... Maybe you're right, I'm evil. And you let me lure you to my evil doings. Just accept it, I defeated you."

The pain crawls all over his body. First making him feel painful things and now he can't even feel his own body. Eunwoo tried to save himself but it is worthless. It's like a whole venom climbs up through his body and eats the whole of him.

And Y/N didn't blink for that. She watched until the very last moment of the vampire. To his struggle up to his death. It's like a fire was built inside his body and turned his whole system into ashes. His own fire burned him. His own venom killed him.

Y/N sensed no life, she opened the cell and see the only ashes of her nemesis. She then looked at Sejun's body and checked him, but no signs of life were spotted. She pulled out a syringe and grabbed a sample of her half-failed work's blood.

As she went back to her lab, the girls looked at her.

"He didn't react the way I expected. There must be something wrong with the vial I injected." Y/N said.

It took a minute before someone spoke up, and it was not one of the royalties nor Nayeon.

"You killed him... Both of them." Haewon said with an unrecognizable tone.

Y/N stopped but she's not facing the girl. She's afraid to do so, she knows she went so far.

"And that's the right thing to do. Thank you, Y/N."

Y/N felt a stone pull out from her throat as she heard what Haewon said. As she turned, she saw Gaeul and Karina smiling at her. She did the right thing... But in the most unexpected way.

"I'll have to examine Sejun's blood. I wanna know what went wrong." Y/N said.

"Go on, will clean up the mess. You guys can go back to the house. We'll try to get there after this." Karina said to Y/N and turned to the royalties who are still stoned until now.

Each of them left as Y/N wished to. Not exactly all of them, she was expecting Nayeon to stay but the girl left too right after Jihyo and Jeongyeon left the place.

"I'm assuming you're fine now. I did try to save you a while ago, but I panicked too." Tzuyu said.

"Thanks, I'm good now. That's nothing, happened all the time." Y/N lied.

"Sure. Good luck with your thing." Tzuyu said as she left Y/N and the three girls.

"I called Lily. She said she'll be here in a minute. She tried to cover up Sejun's appearance as some people spotted him. We know the government is after Sejun and...  You just literally killed him." Gaeul said.

"Show us the place, we have to clean up the mess before anyone would find him there."

Y/N nodded and told the place to the girls. Karina and Gaeul left first, leaving Haewon and Y/N in the lab.

"That thing happened to you... That's not normal, is it?" Haewon said anticipating Y/N's reply.

Y/N leaned on her table as she crossed her arms and shook her head.

"Something might have happened to her."

"Your partner... Right?"

"Doesn't matter, she's fine now. I'm back." Y/N said, trying to cover up the fear that she may not wake up someday. She can't help but wonder what happened to Jennie.

"Does Nayeon know?"

"I wasn't able to tell her." Y/N mumbled as she sighed.

"And how would I tell her? How would I tell that the girl she likes can't live on her own. My life depends on Jennie,  I almost forgot that... I forgot about that." Y/N said with a trace of sadness she can't hide.

Haewon sigh as she went beside her friend.

"I told Tzuyu that I would go with Nayeon if fate tries to separate us. But how can I do that if I can't even live on my own. I'm tied, Haewon."

"I know... I know it's hard. You're just starting and this thing is already a problem. But if you're really meant for each other, you'll find a way. She must know, Y/N.  Nayeon must know."