Chapter 14: Intruder

Your PoV

I woke up after having enough rest. It's almost sunrise but it's okay. As I went off my bed, the first thing I noticed is Jennie isn't in the room.

I walked onto her bed, I picked up the book she was reading last night.

How Love Works

"She surely needs this one." I scoffed as I put it back.

"Excuse me? Who told you that you can touch my stuff?"

I snapped as I heard Jennie's voice. She just came in and I didn't even notice it.

"I just picked it. It was on the floor." I lied.

She walked to me and got the book only to hide it in her cabinet.

"Jennie about last night. The kiss, I know you have your definition of what kisses mean. But to others, it's...  Something you'll give to someone you only love."

"Oh, you're a love expert now."

"I'm just telling you."

"For?" she asked as she faced me.

What does she mean by "for?" Can't she get it?

"So the next time it happens, you already know."

"Oh... Didn't know you are looking forward to it," she said while crossing her arms.

"Don't worry, that won't happen again. As you said, it only gives to the person you love. And love will never happen between us."

"I know."

"Good, now get ready. We have something important to do,"

"This early?"

"Yeah, I'll get on my cover. You should too," she said before leaving.

_____

"I'm ready, where exactly are we going? And why we are not bringing some guards with us?"

"Just stop asking and act according to what I say. We just need to check on something." Jennie said.

After talking to the king and leaving the house, Jennie and I continued to where we are going.

It's expected to have the place clean as the vampires are probably staying in their houses.

We are far from the boundary already when I noticed it. Jennie didn't say a word until we arrived outside of the borderline of the humans.

"What are we doing here?"

"My father sent me here to check the other vampires. The shortage of feeders needs to be solved. That is why we are here."

"How can we go inside of it?"

She looked at me as of she was already thinking of a plan.

Suddenly, she took off her sunglasses and mask, leaving her hood and cap to cover her skin. She started running on the gateway and banging the barrier.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP! A VAMPIRE IS CHASING ME! HELP! PLEASE,  SOMEONE!"

I was puzzled as Jennie started to act as if someone has to chase her. I was surprised when the gate suddenly went opened as armed men went out from the gate.

I saw multiple lasers pointed at me which panicked me.

"Don't worry, miss,  We got you!"

That is the last thing I heard before the sound of gunshots followed me. My body went alert as I stopped the bullets using my telekinesis.

I saw Jennie was able to get in but that didn't last when some military noticed her reactions towards the sun.

"It's set up!"

I returned all the bullets as I run towards the gate before it went close. The military made their barrier to stop me but they all splashed out of my way as I did so. Before the gate completely shuts, I made it inside and jumped over.

"Intruder!"

I looked up and saw there are still guards inside. I want to know where Jennie went but I am sure she was able to pass these guards.

The guards started to run to me but I stopped them before they could do so. I run wherever my feet bring me.  Enormous camps were all I can see around. It's like I am in a big maze.

I decided to mislead them before I would go to my next step which is finding Jennie. She's totally the next in line, there's no way she would let herself get caught by these normies.

After running for I don't know how long, I stopped and lie low to also rest.

I looked around to see if there are guards around, but I can't spot anyone anymore.

Suddenly, I heard something at one of the camps. I looked around and notice how abandoned the place is. No lights or anything. It's probably the edge of the frontline.

I heard grunting and cursing as I walked in carefully.  I do not want anyone to see me especially since I am not familiar with this place.

"Jennie!" I whispered yell as I saw her on the ground and wincing over the burn marks she was having.

I immediately run to her and realized she had taken off her hood and cap. Maybe to divert the patrols' attention and be able to escape.

"You're not well. Just be thankful this is all you got!"

"You found me." She said as she tried to hide that she was in pain.

If only I got the serum...

"We can't move unless you'll heal and the sun finally sets down. I don't think they'll find us here."

"How was it? My plan?"

"It's pretty genius and dangerous. Don't ever do that again." I seriously said as I wonder how will able to help her.

"Don't worry, I won't die. Your life is tangled with me." She said as if meaning something.

"It's not that. I know you hate to hear how much vampires count on you. But let me remind you that many vampires are waiting for you. Ningning,  your family...  This is not about me."

"This is always about you. You can just admit that and I won't feel bad. You're scared that you'll die when I also did. I know you lost your loved ones, but still you want to live because you still looking for a certain thing. If your life is not connected to mine, you wouldn't be so worried as this."

I just looked at her as she was still hiding that she was in pain.

"You're right, we should wait till the sun sets. Just wake me up if we're ready to go." Jennie said as she closed her eyes.

I didn't dare to reply anymore. I don't care what she thinks. It's not like I get hurt whenever she thinks that I only stay because I need her. When in fact, that's somehow true.

I just let her rest as I look around. This place seems to be a storage camp. So much trash. The windows were all covered with planks. I'm sure no one will catch us here.