Chapter 61: Unexpected

Nayeon's PoV

It's been an hour since Y/N left with Gaeul and Haewon. It's just us here and everyone started to get on their stuff after a long day.

Momo and Jeongyeon are in the kitchen cooking dinner, while the other girls talk about other stuff.

"How's your day?" Jihyo asked with a sly smile as she jumped on the couch, sitting beside me.

I saw her eye turn blue which made me confirm my thoughts.

"I really hate that Y/N convinced you to use your power. You're using it against us." I said but she just shrugged.

"Had fun with the vampire girl?"

"Don't start, Jihyo. If others hear you, I swear."

"Why?"

I sighed and looked at Tzuyu who was completely different now. Just a while ago she was so out of her mood.

"Nothing."

Jihyo didn't believe as expected. She looked where I was looking then looked at me again.

"You guys seem to have the same interest but different approaches. I just wish this won't be a problem in the future." She sighed before leaving and entering the kitchen.

I just ignored her and left the living room to go to the room. Apparently, this is Gaeul, Karina, and Lily's room. This safe house is their place where they do meetings and whenever they have to stay longer, they stay here. That's what Haewon said.

"Hey, you alright?"

I looked up and saw Sana standing at the doorway to check on me.

"Yeah."

She closed the door behind her and sat beside me on the bed.

"I heard something from Chaeyoung."

"Of course you did. That girl is like Jihyo. No secret is safe with them." I huffed.

Sana chuckled lightly as she propped her arms behind, holding her as she leans back.

"You know we had a good time with Haewon. And Haewon is a kinda tattletale... She mentioned one place Y/N always spends with every time she can't sleep."

"Really?"

"Caught that."

My smile drops while she's opposite.

"You guys keep trying to prove your point. Fine, I am interested in her. But that's mainly because we need to know her. And you guys should too."

"Sure... If that's so, maybe I could check on her later at the park. You know, to make friends."

_______________________________________

Your PoV

"So that's how you keep yourself alive?" Jun asked as he saw me carrying a bottle of blood.

I bet he can smell it too.

We are now out of the house specifically at the village's park. Mostly when I don't sleep, every night I go here. Who knows someone will round and it's a vampire.

"Yeah... Just filling myself."

A moment of silence occurred then Jun spoke again.

"I know I said this before, but your mom will be proud to see you."

"You mean me being a vampire? Right." I sarcastically said, shaking my head.

"No, I mean this. That you chose to live after everything that happened. Your friends will be proud of you too."

"Of course they do... But I kinda hope they are here to say that."

"Well, sometimes things didn't go the way we wanted. We just have to look for something that will make us feel better."

"Aren't you going home yet?" Jun asked.

"I'll probably stay for more minutes."

"Sure?"

"Yeah."

As Jun left, I was left alone in the park, sitting on the bench where he left me.

I let the wind brush my skin along my thoughts running down. I kinda wish this is over. So I can go back to the life I miss. Maybe there's still a chance.

If I'm going to listen to what Jun said, it will all make sense. Maybe the reason I became a vampire is to have a longer life after I lived my childhood at school. Then the moment I got out of that school, I haven't even got to live longer as a normal person.

"Hey."

I looked up as I heard someone call me. I was too fed up that I didn't sense someone was near.

"H-hey!"

My feet pushed me up instantly, making me stand from where I am sitting.

"Mind if I sit with you?"

I looked at her surprisedly as if I didn't hear what she said.

"Uhm, I don't mind..."

She then walked beside me and sat down while I looked at her still while standing.

"Are you just gonna stand there?"

I snapped back as I realized that I am staring at her for a long. I did sit down and tried to keep myself cool so I won't make everything a mess again.

"I just wanna say sorry for the way I treated you a while ago."

I can't think of a word for how to respond to her. If she's the real Tzuyu, It would be easy for me to talk to her but then now, I realized how hard it is. Knowing she's aware that I had a relationship with someone who doesn't just look like her but is also named like her.

"You don't have to say sorry, really. Nayeon explained to me very well that you're just serious when there's a mission like this."

"Well... Yeah, but you know why I do act like that, right?"

Do I?

"Yeah... Yeah, of course."

"I just think it will be hard for you to see your... Lover's face on me. That's why I've been avoiding you since that night we met. But I kinda feel you don't deserve it. Also, you wouldn't throw this all right, you built this for a long time."

"Of course."

"That's what I thought. I'm sorry again." She said and then she stood up.

"I'll go now. Good night."

"Good n-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when she already left and started to walk away.

I shut my eyes, leaning on the bench as I sighed deeply.

Why did I expect that I could talk to her for longer? I guess keeping in mind that she's not the same person I love is much more difficult than I thought.

But I can't help feeling this sensation I felt a long time ago. Even with that small interaction... I'm like a dumb teenager once again. And I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad one.