Chapter 8: Real Motive

Third Person

Y/N was stunned after Jennie said her words. She doesn't know what else to say. All her plans shattered as she heard Jennie's side. Or it does?

There are no tears at the moment, but the heavy atmosphere says how tragic Jennie's story went.

Since Y/N lost her loved ones, she knows that it wasn't just the vampires' fault. She had witnessed how the government let them fight when they weren't supposed to.

All people want is what's best for them. And that can't be avoided.

"If I could just forget everything, Y/N. But I can't, I was meant to live forever and carry those memories with me."

"Maybe I was a little bit delusional. I want to revenge on those people who did that to my clan. but I also want a peaceful life for my kind. It doesn't add up."

"You do realize that there might be some people who feel the same way," Y/N said

"Like what? Including you?" Jennie said as she scoffed.

"As I said, it's not always our fault," she added.

"But the people you want to revenge with are long gone. While the vampires who killed the families of the normal people are still here."

Jennie grinned as she's looking so far.

"Sometimes I wonder what's your motive for staying with me. As what you're saying now, you see me as the vampire who led the group that killed your loved ones."

"Don't be ridiculous, Jennie. You already know. I will die without you."

"Yeah, but... You know that I can just kill you and find another person to own."

"But you don't, because you know you can use me too. Isn't that the reason why you chose me?"

Y/N stood up and faced Jennie. A smile was written on Jennie's lips as she stared somewhere.

"I'm glad you know how this work is going."

"I'm top of my school,  I know how this works since the beginning."

"Cool, I thought you were thinking that I am obsessed with you that's why."

Y/N ignored Jennie as she knows Jennie is just trying to mess with her. She'll never wish Jennie to develop romantic feelings for her. Especially when Y/N herself can't do it.

Her heart still belongs to the werewolf who took her heart.

All she wants is for Jennie to get on her throne. Get her to convince that there are more ways than killing all the people.

But if you're gonna ask her, she doesn't know why she still wants those people to live.

She may answer that it's because that is what she promised to her mom. Or because she also thinks that not all people deserved to die.

But Y/N's head is messy right now to see those answers that her old self would understand.

"Aren't you gonna go home yet?"

"Times like this, I stay here before sunrise. You go if you want. Don't worry, I won't die." Jennie said to Y/N as she went back to where she was sitting.

Y/N stayed for a bit and left.

As Jennie felt Y/N had left, she looked back and smiled while thinking about something.

Jennie's PoV

I stared at the moon while I am sitting here at the edge of the cliff. It doesn't scare me a bit. In fact,  I am fascinated because It feels like I am closer to the moon.

The moon is always the comfort thing I talk to whenever I feel overwhelmed by the fact that I am the next leader of our clan.

I never wanted this title. I wished mom was still here to continue her leadership or someone else in my mom's family to take over the title.

Ever since I was a kid, all I do is prepare, prepare, prepare. Until Moonbin came.

I was in relief because I know it was not just me who have to go for the title. But that's only for a short moment.

Dad kept his word to pass the title to me. And everyone in the clan knows it. Because I am the last vampire who has royal blood.

I know Moonbin wants the title too. He wants to make dad proud. And his mother is in favor of that too.

That's why he started to think that I am lucky because I could have the title easily.

Well, technically It should only be me. But I can't take that big responsibility. Yet I don't want to disappoint the whole clan.

The only way I know is to trigger Moonbin so that he would push himself more and fight for his right to be the next leader.

After all, the ranking has changed. It's no longer about how it went before. Which I kinda wish is still like how it was before.

But then, it's me or Moonbin and Ningning.

I know I am strong. I've always been. and I love my whole clan. But I don't like the thought of shouldering them.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I chose Y/N to be my partner.

One of... Many reasons.

Flashback

"His name is Eunwoo. 19, male, he's an extraordinary person. His ability is the fire element." the guy said, the one I hired to investigate my younger brother's potential partner.

As the future leader of this clan, I had to make sure that the one who will enter our family is worthy.

That is why when I found out that Moonbin was busy for a while, I had him follow and I was right with my intuition.

I looked at the photos that my investigator presented to me. Some of them are pictures of Moonbin with that Eunwoo guy, and one picture caught my attention.

"Where you'd get this?" I asked as I showed the photograph of that Eunwoo with a girl.

"That came from our insiders in the school of the unordinary. I asked for information about this guy and also a picture when I found out that sir Moonbin is seeing him. "

"She also goes there?"

"Who, ma'am? "

"This,  this girl."

"I guess so ma'am. That was taken inside the school. Why, ma'am? "

"I've been looking for her since before. "

End of Flashback