Chapter 102: Double Trouble?

Your PoV

"Why did he want to talk to me? Is there any problem? How's Haewon and Giselle?" I asked as we are on our way to the president's palace.

I just know that there could be two reasons why he called me. Either I messed up so badly that they can't trust me anymore or the serum worked and they want that from me. I'm just hoping this time that nothing bad happened to Haewon and Giselle. I won't be able to forgive myself if something happened because of me.

"He didn't say anything but don't worry about Haewon and Giselle. I talked to them just an hour ago, and they are fine, Giselle wants to leave the lab, she's getting bored there."

"She can't do that, she'll mess up everything!"

"That's what I told her. I said to wait, Haewon is there to look after her. I guess you can't really detain that girl, I'm becoming worried about her, Y/N, we know she can't still control her power because of what she got from those vampires."

I get what Jun wanted to say. I see how concerned he is with us. I am also worried about Giselle, but I have to trust her. Just like how she did when she volunteered to be my test subject.

"Here we are," Jun said.

I get out of the car and walked with Jun inside the palace. As we got in the guard instantly escorted us to the president's office, or so I thought. We walked to another building and realized we are in a science field building, there are so many scientists and all.

"Mr. President," Jun said which made me look up and saw him. 

He is looking at me, definitely not having any readable emotions on his face. I couldn't tell if he is already planning to kick me off this border. As if I will let him.

The President walked down but he didn't keep his eyes away from me. I could sense Jun's concern as he can also see that the President didn't budge to move his eyes on me. As the president went near, Jun tried to stand in front of me but I just held him back and shook my head.

"I'm okay," I assured. He nodded and let me face the president.

I wanted til the president speaks after that. I must admit I feel nervous somehow, but I have to face this.

"I must admit, I underestimated you, Ms. Hong. I forgot that you came from the secret school for unordinaries, and being a student there, they trained you well to be a good leader."

I looked at Jun as I heard what the president said. He did look at me too and we stared for a minute as if we are having the same thought.

"But I can't give you back the lab. I want you to work here, where the supplies and equipment are high-end and complete."

"This means..."

"I trust you, Y/N. I've seen all the happenings with the help of Lily. Jun here tried to help too. There is no doubt, you just want what is the best for our generation."

I can't help but smile as I felt relief from what he said. I looked at Jun and just like me, he is happy about it. 

"Wait, so the serum? Did you study it?"

"Yes, and Lily said that you made it with a different goal, but we can still use it. If you don't mind, we have to keep that to continue to work on it. You can help of course, that is if that is what you want. I can see this isn't really what you want."

Which is true. I promised to live normally after all of this. I still have things to settle, and I don't want to ignore my own wants.

"I can help."