Chapter 16 Never Needed

Jennie's PoV

I watched as the guards took Y/N and they leave. I was still caught up in a situation that I can't react to it.

What's more surprising is Y/N did not even dare to look back at me, just to ask for help. As if she had accepted her fate already.

"What do you want me to do with these, Your royal highness?" I heard Eunwoo ask.

I looked at him and realized he was referring to the sera that Y/N had made.

"Bring them to our team so they can study it."

"Yes, your royal highness," Eunwoo said as he left.

Bin and mom also left leaving me and dad in the place.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Dad... Y/N saved my life. Y-you can't just arrest her for something she hides from us."

"You don't understand, Jennie. If she can hide things like this, she can hide bigger than this. This just shows her loyalty is not with us. She's a big threat and I already told you this before!"

"I know her loyalty might not be on us but her loyalty doesn't own by anyone, dad-"

"Wake up, Jennie! You are deciding without thinking! You are the next in line and all you have to do is to make sure you're clan is in a good place! There's no place for a vampire who is not loyal to us. Half or pure-blooded, keep that in your mind!"

"And don't act like you know that girl. The only thing you know is you'll always get her to do what you always want, Jennie. Think! She doesn't have any feelings for you! All you have together is a stupid bond and a connection that no one will ever want!"

I wasn't able to reply anymore as I know dad is right. I am holding into nothing. I am the next in line and I should be worrying about my clan more than a connection that is working just because of need.

I went out of my dad's place to go back to my room. But as soon as I just got out, Ningning stopped me.

"Unnie, are you going to see Y/N unnie?"

"This is my fault. Y/N unnie had warned me already. I should have been conscious of what I am doing." Ningning said as regrets in her eyes are visible.

"Unnie, let's check Y/N unnie. I want to say sorry. I promised her not to tell anything."

I didn't reply on Ningning but I left the house and go to the place I know where they'll put Y/N.

Not so long, I arrived at the dungeon where they put all the vampires who don't follow the rules. I immediately spotted Y/N in the last cell as she was leaning against the bars.

When a warden approached me, I told him that I just need to check on something and they don't need to follow me anymore.

I walked to the end cell and saw Y/N just sitting there in silence. Not even crying or having her begging moment.

"Y/N."

She turned and looked at me. She's even surprised but as she got up, her eyes went back to the same careless eyes.

"Why did you do that?"

She looked away instead of answering my question.

"What else you are planning? After that serum what else you can do? Y/N..."

"You do know you didn't just hide something from us. You also stole the formulas you used for that thing. For what Y/N?" I added

But yet no answers were given to me.

"Y/N, answer me!"

"What do you want me to say? That I didn't do it? Even if I explain myself, your clan will see me as a threat to this tribe! I don't know Jennie, maybe they are right... You shouldn't have trusted me. Because even myself can't tell if I am a threat or not." she finally replied.

"What do you mean? You already accepted that you're a vamp-"

"Accepting that I will be no longer back on what I was is different from being happy with what I am today, Jennie."

What is she saying? That she just accepted her fate to be a vampire and was never happy with it?

After all this time?

"Just say you need my help. Say you need me. I'll get you out of this place."

"You don't have to do that. You can't change the fact that your own family will never accept me. The same thing will happen and then-"

"Then let me protect you! Y/N, all you need to say is you need me! Isn't that easy?! You had all your power to use me as I turned you into a vampire!"

"That's not how it works."

"Then fucking how?! Tell me how it works, Y/N! I'm sick of you following what I want because I just said so! Can't you see that you're not just a thing but a person to me?! All you fucking need to say is you need me too!"

After that, a silence occurred.

"Or maybe it was hard for you because you'll never accept the fact that you also needed my help. You can't handle the fact that for some time... You also needed help from a vampire."

"Put your pride down, Y/N. Because what I think... That pride is stopping you to see what my real intention is for you."

After I said that, I left the place hoping she would call me and ask for my help. But I was already out yet no sound of my name I heard from her.

Maybe I really pushed myself too much on her. She'll never gonna need me. The only thing that she was holding on to me is her life that connected to mine. Other than that, there's none. Because she'll never find a way to say that she needs me. She's too honest about that.

It's just so unfair that I have many reasons to need her. And yet all she thinks about me is a life she must protect for herself to live.