Chapter 79: Root

Nayeon's PoV

As soon as we finished practicing, I went to our room to take a shower. The first thing I noticed was Tzuyu's not in our room.

I know exactly where she could be, but I don't know why would she be there.

"Guys, I've got news." I just got out of our room when I heard Y/N calling us downstairs.

When I looked down, I wasn't wrong. I saw Tzuyu also walk in after Y/N. Meaning she went to the lab after her practice.

"What is it?" Jihyo asked who was already downstairs.

I walked down and looked at Tzuyu. She didn't take a minute before she looked back at me. She probably knows I am eyeing her.

As Y/N explained her news, I can't focus as I keep on checking on Tzuyu who was standing beside Y/N and busy looking at her too.

Did something happen? I thought she was not interested in her.

"Nayeon, what you think?" I snapped back when Jeongyeon called me. They are all sitting in the living room while I am still standing at the staircase.

"Uhm, sorry, what was that?" I walked to them and sat on the other side of Y/N. I can feel Tzuyu's eyes on me the moment I sat beside Y/N but I ignored it.

Y/N explained what she said again so I listened to her.

"That's possible. Giselle, have you experienced something strange when they injected you the thing?" I asked.

"Let me think... When they put that thing on me, I felt dizzy instantly. I can't move my body like it came numb. Then I escaped...  The guards at the camp saw me, then I woke up and found myself in the camp. I totally have no memories after I escaped, except the times I spent in the camp. But they said I am not awake but I can open portals. Like multiples..."

"Why are you just telling us now," Y/N said.

"I-I'm scared... They said the portals were open but when I woke up... That's when they asked me to turn it down. One was way outside this border... That's why they also found out that I am unordinary. They kept me. Also because I said. Yeah... That's all."

"That must be her reaction towards the thing they got her. So we're right. It makes the person have no control over her power. And if they got lucky turning Giselle into a vampire, we'll be doomed."

"Gladly you're not." Chaeyoung sighed.

____________________________________

It's dinner and everyone is at the table to eat together.

"Amy, how's your day?" Y/N asked as she looked at Amy like she's hers. It may not obvious that she's close to kids, but when you lived with her, you'll see it.

"It was good, unnie. We played and learned new lessons. It's kinda tiring but I had fun. I missed Yoree too, If only I can bring her to school too. My new friends love dogs too."

I watched Y/N smile at Amy with her eyes. I know it's not fake. When I looked at Haewon and the others, they seemed used to it. Maybe they know that Y/N is soft with Amy. But the royalties, obviously not.

"You don't have classes tomorrow. Why don't you bring Yoree outside with your friends?"

"I can do that?!" Amy's eyes beamed as she looked at Y/N.

And so do Y/N, it's like there's a mirror between the two.

"Yeah, just be careful and don't go too far. You have to be in the house before sunset, understand?"