You kill someone to keep them save

This didn't come out exactly how I wanted it but I thought it was still good enough to post so I hope you enjoy it~!

Asra:

It all happened so fast. You were both running through a magical realm, these weird creatures behind you. Asra had managed to open a portal to an alley. You were the first through so turned, shouting for Asra to hurry. He managed to pass but the create reached out, its claws circling around Asra's ankle. Your hand shot out before you could think and electricity flew. But then the portal slammed shot, cutting the creature's arm off, and suddenly a figure got hit by the electricity. The person's body jerked in odd manners then they fell limp to the ground and stayed down. Silence stayed in the alley before you began moving to the person but Asra took your arm, shaking his head. He pulled you, walking a few steps backwards. He seemed in disbelief himself. You told him you wanted to hit the creature. When he finally managed to pull his eyes off the person he nod, claiming he knows. He slid his hand down from your arm to your hand then began pulling you along as he turned and hurried away.

He knows what went miss, but everyone else won't see it that way or believe it. He's not gonna let you be thrown in jail, especially not when you did it to keep him save. You both kept silent about it, with guilt on your minds. When you debated admitting you did it he talked you out of it. He felt terrible, especially when he began wondering if that person had a family waiting for him at home, but he can't do it or let you do that. He thought of telling Nadia, knowing she would understand somewhat, but whenever he thought of going to her all paranoid thoughts came and suddenly he didn't trust Nadia anymore. This whole situation has led to many arguments but in the end were both paranoid, anxious, and feeling immense guilt so both still stood strong together and supporting each other mentally through this. Each day passes, and not a single day feels as if there's any correct way to go about this whole situation, which makes no one dare to take any step forward in this, and that no matter what you both do it will always end up with chaos that no one wants.

Nadia:

You were both playing a game of chess on her balcony, sharing a bottle of wine, when it all went to chaos. She looked up at you, calling checkmate but her victorious smile fell as your eyes widen to something behind her. Your hand swung up and suddenly a a big blast came from your palm and flew aside her causing her body to move on its own to throw itself to the side. So hard she tipped the chair and fell. Scrambling around to look at what you hit she saw a servant on the ground, motionless, with a knife in their hand. Only now she felt the sting on her neck, where the blade must have sliced her as the servant tried to stab her. She was about to be assassinated, and you saved her in time.

But the guards didn't see it that way. They ignored Nadia's orders to let you go, telling her every crime must be investigated. Nadia could tell someone had bought them from that, they were also guards she couldn't place having seen before. It all happened so fast that she couldn't stop them as they had dragged you out the room before she even realized you weren't standing where you originally stood.

The process of getting you free was such a difficult one, mostly mentally She visited you almost every second to update you, always assuring it's going okay, even when it wasn't. Most of Vesuvia was on her side, but a part of it was claiming there was wine so you were probably drunk and killed a poor servant and now the palace is trying to make it look as if it wasn't your fault. The poor, those who hated her, those who were jealous, all those types of people kept trying to use everything against you and her; trying to drag either you or her down.

But she got you out, and managed to prove you did it to save her. She apologized many times to you for all of this, feeling it's her fault and feeling so terrible you had to go through all of this when you only did it to save her.