Chapter 3

It was 6am and Skye knew it was going to be another rough day as Chase's phone rang, "Detective Chapman" he answered, "hey man sorry, I figured something out about the case" Ian said. "Did you even go to sleep?" Chase asked, "no but that is not the point, I found something" Ian said. "Okay, I will be there soon" Chase said. Skye looked at him and said "please be here before she goes to school, I can't do this all over again" "I will try, I love you" Chase said as he dressed and left with Jax in tow. Once Chase arrived he could tell Ian looked tired, "dude you seriously work too hard" Chase said. "Yes but take a look at this, I never noticed it before because I was focused on other things. She scratched her killer or at least tried too, I am running a DNA analysis right now should have results soon" Ian said, "awesome do I need to be here for this? I have a 8 year old at home who will have a meltdown if I don't see her off to school. My wife will lose her mind if she has another tantrum" Chase said, "It won't take long, then you can do whatever it is you need to do" Ian said. "Fine make it snappy Ian, then please go get some sleep I need you rested and focused" Chase said. "Yes sir" Ian said as the results popped up in front of them. "I can honestly say I was not expecting that" Ian said, "you and me both, man I thought he turned over a knew leaf. I will have to stop by his place later" Chase said, "better hurry if he figures out we know he might leave town" Ian said. "I know but my family comes first and I can always send Jax to spy on him" Chase said. "True" Ian said, "go to sleep Ian" Chase said, "okay okay" Ian said as he followed Chase out the door. Chase was not prepared to arrest this person but if it is true and he did stab this poor girl he would have no choice. "Jax let's go bud" Chase said knowing it was still early and Orianna would not be up yet.

Chase arrived at the skate shop knowing it is were Danny lived at the moment, he knocked on the door. Danny came down still half asleep, "Chase what brings you by this early?" Danny asked, "I need you to tell me what you know about Tara Little" Chase said, "I went out with her once or twice, we are sort of together why?" Danny said, "she was murdered Danny and we found your DNA under her fingernails, please tell me you didn't do this" Chase said, "I didn't I swear, aw man, Chase I swear I didn't kill her" Danny said getting all sad, "I want to believe you, but I have nothing else to go on here" Chase said. "I get it and you are just doing your job but I swear she was alive when I left, but she did tell me about an ex that was following her around" Danny said. "Would you happen to have a name?" Chase asked, "No sorry, please don't arrest me" Danny said, "I won't but you are still a suspect until I figure this out so please don't leave town okay" Chase said. "I won't please find out who killed her she was actually a nice girl" Danny said, "I will try" Chase said as he drove home. As soon as he walked in the door he could hear the meltdown from his daughter and he ran upstairs. "Daddy!" Orianna squealed with excitement and again her mood changed so fast, "I got her Skye go get the twins ready" Chase said, "thank god" Skye said kissing her husband and going to her twins who were doing a pretty good job on their own. "Daddy I want this dress" Orianna said, "okay lets get it on" Chase said as he helped her and he brushed her hair and pinned it with the clip she chose. Max smiled at his dad as he came out of his room, "if you could be here every morning that would be great" Max said, "well I can't be" Chase said as they all went downstairs. "Orianna what would you like for lunch today?" Skye asked hoping she wouldn't have a meltdown, "Cheese!" Orianna said, "I gave you a cheese string but you need a sandwich or something" Skye said, "no sandwich I want pickles!" Orianna said. Skye made her a ham and pickle sandwich hoping it would be good enough and she would not cause a scene today. "Daddy are you taking me to school?" Orianna asked, "sure princess but hurry okay daddy has to go back to work" Chase said, "okay are you going to be home when I get home?" Orianna said. "I don't know princess" Chase said, Orianna looked sad, "hey don't do that we are going to be a good girl today, I will try okay" Chase said. "Okay" Orianna said getting her jacket and shoes on. "Max you coming with us?" Chase asked, "I guess" Max said really hoping Orianna wasn't annoying today, "I will take the twins" Skye said giving Max and Orianna a kiss, "bye daddy!" Lynne and Leila said and Chase hugged them before leaving with his oldest kids. Chase drove them to the school and Max immediately took off, "have a good day bud!" Chase yelled to him, Max waved but was not paying attention, "okay princess remember be a good girl, and eat your lunch okay. Daddy will see you after school" Chase said. "Promise?" Orianna said, "I promise to try okay" Chase said, "Okay" Orianna said giving him a kiss and running into the school herself.