Chapter 13

At first Chase didn't see anything and Jax appeared to be walking in an empty house, then he saw it and he could only imagine what Jax was feeling. Chase knew this was bad he immediately called it in. "Dispatch this is Detective Chapman badge 457 I am going to need everything sent to my location" Chase said, "Fire, police and paramedics?" dispatch said, "yes and forensics" Chase said. "They are on route detective" Dispatch said before hanging up, Chase sighed he was not prepared for this, he walked up to the house and kicked in the door. Jax reacted but saw Chase and calmed down, "Oh man this is worse than I thought" Chase said, "Police is anyone here?" Chase said really hoping he didn't get jumped. Chase heard a faint scream from the basement and he really hoped back up arrived soon he looked to Jax and opened the basement door. Then he heard the chainsaw followed by a scream. "Freeze police" Chase said as he pointed the gun at the man. There was a girl looked to be about 20 tied to a table, "put it down" Chase said, the man looked over at Chase and laughed as if what he said was hilarious. Then Chase saw it Jacob had come into view with Riley and she looked terrified. "I think you should put the gun down detective and watch as we slice this woman up and then I might do the same to the girl" Chuck said. Chase lowered his gun and gave a signal to Jax who was out of view and he knew he wanted him to save Riley. 

Sirens were heard upstairs, and Chuck knew he had called for back up, "Jacob get her out of here" Chuck said. Just before he could move Jax lunged and bit him causing him to lose his grip on Riley and she ran to Chase. "Go upstairs Riley your dad should be there" Chase said as he raised his gun back towards Chuck. "I suggest lowering the chainsaw" Chase said as several more officers came down and he knew it was over. Chuck was arrested and Jacob was as well even though he was only 13 but Chase knew he was involved somehow. Chase mentally sighed because he knew if it weren't for Max and his damn curiosity he would never have solved this case. The girl was taken by paramedics and appeared to be okay, Chase walked upstairs and saw Ian piecing through the body parts. "Well Chase another job well done" Ian said, "yes well I am glad he is caught but a part of me hates this mess" Chase said, "I think the families will appreciate their loved ones missing parts though" Ian said. "Yes and I now have to go and punish my son who honestly deserves all the credit here and without him I would have never found this" Chase said. "I mean he does want to be a detective like you so the fact he solved this case means he will be good at it. I think he deserves a medal" Ian said. "That would be a bad idea then he would basically feel like he can just keep doing this. I am trying to stop him from trying to play hero not want to do it more. Had he actually been caught we would be sifting through his body parts. The fact my niece was here was bad enough" Chase said. "Well good luck Chase" Ian said. 

Chase first made sure Riley was okay, "Riley are you alright?" Chase asked her, "yes thank you uncle Chase, and Jax" Riley said. "What were you doing here?" Chase asked, "Jacob called me said he needed to talk, I really didn't think it through and made a mistake" Riley said as hugged her dad. "Baby girl I need to get back to work, are you good to go home from here?" Marshall asked, "yes I am sorry daddy" Riley said. "Don't be you didn't do anything wrong" Marshall said as he left, "need a ride?" Chase asked her, "yes thank you Uncle Chase" Riley said. They made it back to Chase's cruiser and he drove Riley home, "What do you think of Josh dating Sophie?" Riley asked. "Its not my place to think anything, they are both great and I love them both. If they are happy then I am happy" Chase said. "You are so lame Uncle Chase" Riley said as they pulled up to her house. "Well I just drove you home and now you are calling me lame?" Chase said, "yes thank you, I love you" Riley said, "I love you to kiddo and no more trouble okay" Chase said, "I promise" Riley said having some real friends now and feeling like she was getting more on track.

Chase made it home and Skye saw him as did Orianna who was relieved, "daddy" she said as she hugged him when he walked in. "Is it really over? its all over the news" Skye said, "yes its over, where is Max?" Chase said, "in his room" Skye said, "does he know this is over?" Chase asked, "I don't know why?" Skye asked. "Skye he is the one who found the guy, I hate to admit it but he really does have a knack for this stuff. I mean I honestly don't think I could have solved this without him. I know I am angry that he is always getting himself into these situations but his damn curiosity actually helped" Chase said. "Yeah I would refrain from telling him that, you know he will just do it again" Skye said. "I think it might be hard I heard something about a medal" Chase said. "Oh man, Chase he is to young for this" Skye said, "I know but he is good at it and well as mad as I am I am also proud" Chase said. "I am always proud of him he is a good kid most of the time but he is just that a kid and really shouldn't be messing with this stuff" Skye said. "I know I will go talk to him, Orianna honey you are going to have to let me go" Chase said, "I missed you daddy" Orianna said, "I know princess and as soon as I am done talking to your brother I am all yours okay" Chase said. "Okay daddy please hurry" Orianna said as Chase ran upstairs, he knocked on Max's door and entered.