Chapter 8

Chase knocked on Max's door, "what's going on bud?" Chased asked him, "nothing" Max said, "oh ok I will pretend to believe you" Chase said. "It's complicated okay" Max said, "I deal with complicated on a daily basis try me" Chase said. "Fine, Orianna made a new friend" Max said, "and this bothers you?" Chase asked confused. "Yes because she is in my grade and is always trying to eat lunch with me. I am trying really hard not to be mean but its getting to a point where I am running out of excuses" Max said. "I see well in a way I think you are too young for girls as you are only 10 so next excuse you tell her my dad said I am not allowed" Chase said. "Yeah like that will work, I am not sure she wants to date she just wants to be my friend and I think she is weird" Max said. "Well Max just because someone is weird doesn't mean they aren't a good person. I mean if you gave her a chance you might like her" Chase said. "You do realize who her mother is right?" Max said. "Yes I was told but that doesn't change anything, her mother is trying" Chase said. "Okay I will think about it" Max said, "good get ready for dinner" Chase said as he walked back downstairs. Skye could tell Chase was tired he has been up for more that 24 hours and he was trying really hard to make it to bedtime.

Riley was doing much better in school, being friend with Chantelle was making a huge difference even her grades were getting better. Jacob and Rebecca were not happy about her leaving their group but they knew Riley had connections and didn't want to get into trouble. Josh was really making an effort with her as well and even promised to go to this pool party at Skye's because she asked him too. "Josh you don't have to come on Saturday" Everest said, "I know but Riley asked me too and I can help with Owen too" Josh said. "You really are a good kid, thank you for helping with Riley" Everest said. "No problem mom she is a good kid she just needed to be reminded and pushed in the right direction" Josh said. "Yes well I appreciate all your help, you really are a good brother" Everest said. "Thanks, want me to help get Owen to bed?" Josh asked, "sure thanks" Everest said she was tired and glad Josh was there. Callie on the other hand was out with yet another boy and Everest now had her to worry about.

It was finally Saturday and Skye was getting ready for everyone to come over, Chase was hoping to have the day off today but then again his job was unpredictable. "Mommy can I invite Korra?" Orianna asked, "please say no please say no" Max begged her, "what why?" Skye asked her son, "please mom for me say no" Max said. "Yes Orianna you can, what has gotten into you?" Skye said, Chase came down, "Max you can invite Hunter he can help you fight off the evil Korra" Chase said. "Awesome thanks dad" Max said as he ran to call his friend, "I am confused" Skye said, "Korra has a crush and Max is not sure how he feels he thinks she is weird" Chase said. "I see well he is to young anyways" Skye said, "I know I told him that its all innocent at this point though right" Chase said. "Who knows, can you get the yard set up please" Skye said, Chase kissed her and went outside to make sure everything was good.

Ella was about to leave when Sophie joined her, "I didn't think you were going to come" Ella said. "I am feeling hopeful, plus I heard Josh is going" Sophie said. "Right well can you get Carlie in the car for me please" Ella said as she told Rocky who was downstairs to hurry up. Sophie clipped her sister's car seat in and climbed in beside her. Oliver was in his seat as well and Rocky finally came out, "sorry babe" Rocky said. "Its fine" Ella said, "you are actually coming?" Rocky said noticing Sophie. "Yes, don't make it a big deal please" Sophie said, "I am glad I miss you hanging out with us" Rocky said. Sophie rolled her eyes her dad was making it a big deal as they drove over to Skye's and Chase's house. Zoe and Zuma were already there with their kids, Zola was playing doctor with the twins. "She really loves her doctor stuff" Zoe said, "yes and Leila and Lynne love it she is going to be a good big sister" Skye said. "I know and I am ready for her to have a little baby of her own to play with. Wyatt is another story though" Zoe said, "oh is he not wanting another baby?" Skye asked, "he doesn't want much of anything these days, he is very stubborn and some days I find myself wondering if I am doing something wrong with him" Zoe said. "He is good he loves the water, and he looks happy to me you are a great mom Zoe and trust me will come around" Skye said. Wyatt was swimming with his dad, Max answered the door as he let Ella and Rocky in with their kids. Oliver ran outside and Rocky was carrying Carlie and he set her down. Sophie just sat on a chair and watched everyone for right now, Everest and Marshall came last they were having a hard time getting Owen to come. Once Owen spotted Oliver though he was happy and the both played together.