Chapter 77

A week after getting shot Max was finally able to go home, he was still not able to walk but he was determined. He was using a wheelchair for now but he would be in physiotherapy 3 days a week to try and walk. "You ready bud?" Chase asked, "I am ready to go home yes but I hate myself" Max said. "Don't it was an accident and you need to be confident in your progress, Max you are alive be thankful for that I know I am" Chase said. "I am too but it just sucks I want to walk again dad, I don't want to be in a wheelchair forever" Max said. "You will be with that attitude, I know when you push for something how successful you can be. Don't give up Max you will be able to walk again I just know it" Chase said. "Thanks dad, let go home" Max said as Chase wheeled him out of the hospital. "Mom hurry he is on his way home" Orianna said, as she watched her mom hang the banner she made for him. "Welcome Home Max" was what it said, "how is that honey?" Skye asked, "perfect" Orianna said. A few seconds later Chase and Max came in the door, "YAY Max is home" Leila squealed a she hugged him first followed by Lynne and Orianna. "Welcome home handsome" Skye said also hugging him. "Thanks guys the banner is cool" Max said. "I made it for you" Orianna said with a smile, "thanks Ori" Max said as Chase helped him to the couch and Rex pounced on him. "I missed you to bud" Max said as his pup showered him with licks. "How are you feeling baby, any pain?" Skye asked, "no I am just tired" Max said, "okay do you want to go upstairs and take a nap?" Skye asked, "no I just want to watch TV" Max said. Orianna handed her brother the remote and didn't argue when he picked his show this time instead of hers.

"I think she might actually get along with him now" Skye said to Chase, "maybe she was worried she would lose him forever and it changed her perspective I guess" Chase said. "I am so glad he is okay, what did the doctor say about him walking?" Skye said, "he will have a physiotherapist 3 days a week and we are supposed to encourage him to try moving throughout the day. She said he would get tried really easily but we need to keep pushing him, she also suggested to pool if he struggles it will help a lot" Chase said. "Okay well its starting to get cold out and he can't use the pool forever" Skye said, "no but he can for a bit longer plus our pool is heated so it will be good for a bit" Chase said. "I am going to make dinner" Skye said as she went to the kitchen, "Dad am I going to school?" Max said, "not right now bud, we need to get you up and moving again then you can go back. For now we are doing school online your teachers have already set us up with it" Chase said. "This sucks" Max said he was more so referring to his friends, "will I get to see my friends?" Max asked, "Of course you will but for now we need to get you moving" Chase said. "Dad I am to tired" Max said, "Come on bud just try for me okay please" Chase said, "Fine" Max said as Chase helped him stand and he was able to hold himself up for 5 seconds before falling. "That was good bud, better than last time" Chase said, "ugh this is so dumb like my legs get so tired" Max said, "they will get, its like re teaching your brain" Chase said, after a few more attempts Max plopped onto the couch he was giving up. "The therapist comes  tomorrow morning and I can guarantee you that she won't let you give up so easy"  Chase said. "Then I will wait till tomorrow to try, how am I going to get up the stairs?" Max said, "I have it being worked out don't you worry" Chase said. 

Just before dinner Rocky and Oliver knocked on the door, "hey man" Chase said as he opened it, "hey so Oliver and I have this, we are hoping it will work" Rocky said, "what is it?" Max asked, "its a way for you to get up the stairs for a bit, until you can walk again" Oliver said. "Cool how does it work?" Max asked a he grabbed his wheelchair and rolled over, "well someone straps you in here" Oliver said as he put the harness around Max, and ran up the stairs to hook up the other end, "Okay dad ready" Oliver said Rocky handed Max the remote and said, "press this button" Max pressed and he ziplined to the top, "that was awesome!" Max said, "and then you can get to your bedroom" Oliver said. "Thanks, this is so cool" Max said, "I want to try daddy" Leila whined, "its for Max honey you can walk up the stairs" Chase told her, "I want to try!" Leila whined, "the harness is to big for her she won't fit" Oliver said, "ugh no fair" Leila whined, "time for dinner my sweets go get cleaned up, thank you for this Rocky" Skye said, "no problem glad we could help, hope he gets better soon" Rocky said as he and Oliver left. 

Little humans of the future Paw patrol next generationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara