Chapter 104

Max waited patiently for any more news on his dad he wanted so badly for him to be okay. There was a part of him that knew his mom would be mad that he skipped school, but he did it for a good reason. His dad needed him, and well it paid of in the end at least he wanted to think so. Katie arrived at the hospital she had Max's sisters with her. "Max is daddy okay?" Orianna asked, "I don't know I haven't heard anything" Max said, "how did you know he was in trouble?" Lynne asked, "What?" Max asked, "grandma said you were the one who got him here so how did you know?" Lynne asked. "I was with him when it happened, I um just went to check on him" Max said not wanting them to know the real reason. "I am glad you were there, who knows what would have happened" Orianna said. "Yeah, lets hope mom sees it that way" Max said, "she will" Orianna said. It was just after 4 when Dr. Shepard came out, "sorry to keep you all waiting, he has an infection and I am not sure what caused it. I am giving him antibiotics and I am hoping it will clear up on its own. There is nothing new on any of his CT scans and I also did an MRI with no results there either. He is awake and feeling a bit better, he is waiting for you all to go and see him" Dr. Shepard said. "Does he have his memories back yet?" Orianna asked. "No sweetie but he will just like you did, he needs a bit more time I hope" Dr. Shepard said. "Okay sounds good, thank you" Orianna said as she followed her grandma and brothers and sisters to their dad's room.

"Hey honey how are you feeling?" Katie asked, "sick I mean I don't feel awesome but I will be alright" Chase said. "Good, the kids will visit with you for a bit then I will take them home so you can get some rest" Katie said. "Perfect is Skye coming?" Chase asked, "I left her a message dad when she is not flying she will come" Max said. "Good, thank you Max" Chase said, "you don't have to thank me dad I am just glad you are okay" Max said. "I am getting there, but if you didn't come when you did who knows what would have happened" Chase said. "Yeah but let's just keep it on the down low the twins and Orianna don't know about it. I also feel like mom will be pissed because I missed school" Max said. "You let me worry about your mother, ugh my head" Chase said. "Rest honey I will take the kids home with me" Katie said as she kissed her son, "thanks mom" Chase said starting to get more familiar with the faces around him. He still had no memories of them but he was trying to piece everything together. An hour after Katie took the kids home Skye arrived and she kissed him.

"What happened?" Skye said, "I am not really sure honestly this girl showed up she was in the bedroom after I came out of the shower. I was not able to fight her off being so weak, and well I think Jax was locked out of the room" Chase said. "Right but how did she get arrested again if you were so weak?" Skye said, "well um Max hit her with a bat and called 911" Chase said, "why does that not surprise me that our 13-year-old was involved in this" Skye said, "hey don't be mad at him he saved my life twice today and honestly I am glad he was there. His instincts are killer and he would be an amazing cop one day. His hunches are spot on" Chase said. "He gets that's from you honestly, everything you just said is what makes you a great detective too" Skye said, "then I am glad because who knows what would have happened had he not shown up" Chase said. "Right but I still don't like  had he missed school" Skye said, "it was one day and honestly if he hadn't I would not be here talking to you right now, that girl  scared me Skye and she was ready to do god knows what. I mean when that kid told me she was a stalker of mine I didn't know exactly what it meant until she had me tied to the bed" Chase said. "Fine but honestly he needs to stop with all this hero stuff he is going to get himself killed one day" Skye said. "Nah he is just like me and I think his stubbornness will keep him alive, he might be small Skye but you didn't see him with this bat. He honestly showed no fear and just did what he needed too" Chase said. "Well again he gets all that from you" Skye said, "hey I was terrified today, I had no idea how to get out, I heard Jax on the other side of the door and even he had no idea what to do" Chase said. "Alright I will let it go only because you are sick and are very adamant about it and he did save you so I will not be hard on him" Skye said, "thanks that is all I ask" Chase said. "Do you have any memories yet?" Skye asked, "nope I am getting better with faces though I think, for example that girl behind you is um Riley?" Chase said, "yup how you feeling Uncle Chase?" Riley asked. "I am good" Chase said, "okay I am going to go home you call me if you need anything okay" Skye said giving him a kiss as Riley sat down.