Chapter 90

It was just after 10 when Callie came home she saw Josh on the couch, "hey" she said, "hey I wanted to talk to you" Josh said, "Okay let me change first" Callie said as she ran upstairs, Josh followed her and Callie opened her door. Josh entered, "how is work?" Josh asked, "good, I love it actually, but that is not what you wanted to talk about is it" Callie said. "No, but I thought we would get the small talk out of the way first" Josh said. "Out with it Josh what is going on?" Callie asked. "I am going to be a dad" Josh said, Callie's face said it all, "wait are you for real?" Callie asked him. "Yes we will find out tomorrow morning the due date" Josh said, "damn, I mean I am happy for you" Callie said, "are you really though?' Josh asked, "yes I am shocked but I am happy for you was it planned?" Callie asked, "no and we were both shocked but both of our families support us" Josh said. "That is good, Rocky took it well?" Callie asked, "not at first but he came around to it, he didn't really have a choice in the matter" Josh said. "I guess wow I can't picture you as a dad" Callie said, "gee thanks" Josh replied throwing a pillow at her, "sorry its just you will be gone for half the year are you going to be okay with that?" Callie asked, "she is done school before the baby is born and then she will come with me" Josh said. "Taking a baby on road trips across the country sounds like fun" Callie said. "We will make it work its not like I am the first NBA player to have a baby" Josh said. "True, I can't believe its already Christmas soon" Callie said, "yeah, listen Sophie wants to set Dylan up with her friend Marley are you okay with that?" Josh said. "I broke up with Dylan so he can do what he wants" Callie said, "alright, night Callie" Josh said as he left her room.

The next morning Sophie woke up and she was nervous for today she had a doctors appointment. Josh would be picking her up soon, she went downstairs and Carlie ran up too her, "Sophie play with me" she said, "I can't right now bug, Josh will be here soon" Sophie said to her. "Okay" Carlie said as she ran back to her toys, "how you feeling honey" Ella asked. "I am scared mom, I am not sure what to expect" Sophie said. "They will just check and see how far along you are and give you a due date, there isn't much for you to do at this point" Ella said. "I am not scared of the appointment just of everything in general, I mean how are we going to do this?" Sophie said. Oh baby don't worry we will make it work, for now just take it one day at a time" Ella said as she gave her daughter a hug. Josh came and knocked on the door, Oliver opened it, "hey" Josh said, "hey, so um are you going to marry my sister?" Oliver asked, "um maybe one day" Josh said feeling awkward, "I hope so since you did get her pregnant you better not hurt her" Oliver said as Sophie came to the door and kissed him. Sophie left with Josh he felt uncomfortable, "I think your brother just threatened me" Josh said, "what? really oh man he is harmless" Sophie said. "Maybe but he told me not to hurt you and that I'd better marry you" Josh said. "Oh um well you don't have too" Sophie said, "are you kidding babe, I will of course marry you one day but let's take it one day at a time" Josh said. Sophie smiled as they walked into //the clinic. 

Josh and Sophie were both nervous as Dr. Samson called them back, "how are you feeling?" she asked. "Nervous, I am sort of hoping all this was a dream" Sophie said, "I know its tough becoming a mom at a young age but with family support it can be done, let's take a look" Dr. Samson said as she placed the ultrasound machine on Sophie's tummy, "this is your baby here" Dr. Samon said pointing to a very tiny blob. She checked and she was able to find a tiny heartbeat, "wow" Josh said feeling like this finally real and it was hitting him hard. "You are about 5 and half weeks along so very new still, your due date is July 30th" Dr. Samson said. "Thank you, wow July" Sophie said, "I wish you luck Sophie and if you ever have any questions or concerns come see me okay" Dr. Samson said. Sophie and Josh left and he took her for some food, Sophie wasn't hungry but she ate anyways. "Sophie are you okay?" Josh asked her, "I don't know I guess its all starting to sink in now that it was confirmed I am scared Josh" Sophie said. "I am too but we can figure this out, we are not the first teen parents" Josh said. "What is going to happen when you are on the road?" Sophie asked, "You will be with me, I mean our baby will be born by then and we will figure it out the guys who have kids on the team sometimes bring them on the trips. I know it seems scary but we will figure it out" Josh said. "Okay I love you" Sophie said, "I love you too" Josh said as they spent the rest of the day together as it was Christmas eve tomorrow and they would be with their families.