Chapter 206 - Your Back (1)

The red ships surrounded the golden ship.

Choi Han and the Knight Captain jumped aboard the golden ship and stopped behind Cale. The Dark Elf Tasha and young lady Amiru were also standing behind Cale.

"Cale-nim."

Choi Han called out toward Cale as the representative. He could see the ocean that Cale was currently looking at. There were corpses floating up next to the debris.

Choi Han slowly approached Cale. He could see the frown on Cale's face.

'...He really has a soft heart.'

Cale started to speak.

"How peaceful."

His voice sounded tired.
Fatigue was evident in every word he spoke. Everybody became quiet after hearing Cale's tone. Although he had said something nice, the weight and sorrow in his voice made them all shut up.

One of the nobles suddenly thought about something after hearing the word, 'peaceful.' He was able to recall this information because he had been thinking about the Henituse household this entire battle.
He subconsciously said it out loud.

"...There is no reason to be recorded in history. Live for peace and happiness."

The unexpected voice made everyone turn their gazes toward the noble who spoke. The nobles tilted their heads at this statement that sounded somewhat familiar.
They felt as if they had heard it before, but they could not remember clearly where they had heard it.
Cale responded to the noble at that moment.

"I guess you know of our family motto."

The Henituse household's motto.

The expressions on the faces of the nobles quickly changed. Figuring out the source of this statement made them unable to speak.
They could see the look of sorrow on Cale's face even as he started to smile.

The people on board could tell how much weight the phrase, 'peace and happiness,' had on the Henituse family.

"...Ho."

One of the nobles let out a gasp.
He had been jealous of how Cale had played a pivotal role in a historic battle. However, the person who made that contribution preferred peace and happiness rather than fame.

The noble who had gasped realized something.

'Having that mindset probably allowed him to be able to do this.'

He had heard that Count Henituse had opened up their wallets in order to provide food and farming tools to the citizens. He had also spent money on the naval base and the castle wall.

The Henituse household's mindset.
The reason they had stayed out of the fight for power until now. They had only moved for the peace and happiness of the Roan Kingdom.

Silence filled the deck once again.

At that moment, Cale was also thinking about his family motto.
'There is no reason to be recorded in history. Live for peace and happiness instead.'

'The people of old truly were wise.'

Cale was in awe of his ancestor's mindset.

Forget history, being full and warm was the best. Thinking about that made Cale think that he was suffering right now.

He started to frown even more.

He was not just suffering now, he was starving.
'What did I ever do to deserve this?'

Cale started to speak to console himself, knowing that he was suffering now in order to have 50 years of peace.
Cale's desire to go home and lay around in bed was relayed to the red ships surrounding them.