Chapter 394 - The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (4)

Cale then watched as many scenes passed by.

'Kim Rok Soo!'

He could hear Choi Jung Soo's voice. Choi Jung Soo was standing in front of him with his sword raised.
Cale could also see a large monster coming out of the ground, making it seem as if the world was covered in darkness and fire. Numerous other monsters that seemed to be the large monster's subordinates were next to it.

He watched as his work buddies charged toward those monsters.
Fellow team members, his sunbaes, and his friends.
People who he had been working together were all charging toward this deathtrap.

'Kim Rok Soo! Hurry up and contact the government and central HQ! Send an emergency signal to all guilds!'

Cale could hear his team leader, Lee Soo Hyuk's voice.

This is what Cale, Kim Rok Soo, had said at that time.

'...This is difficult. Team leader, this is too difficult.'

Kim Rok Soo who oversaw the strategical planning in the rear support calculated the numerous records in his mind ever since the monsters had appeared in the world and concluded.

'We are all going to die if we try to fight that monster right now.'

This was how Lee Soo Hyuk had responded to him.

'But what else can we do?'

Kim Rok Soo could not forget team leader Lee Soo Hyuk's face as he asked that, as well as Choi Jung Soo's face as he held the sword in his hand again.
He had not been able to respond to Lee Soo Hyuk's question.

The large guild in charge of this area had run away.
Because of that, there were no ability users nearby who could block the monsters that suddenly appeared.

However, there was someone who had anticipated this sudden monster's appearance.

'Kim Rok Soo, it's not your fault.'

The voices of his only friend who had said that to him in a mischievous way hit Kim Rok Soo, Cale, like a tsunami.

'Hey, it would have been really bad if it wasn't for you.'

The Kim Rok Soo at the time had so many records and data that he could use his ability to foresee the appearance of the second strongest monster ever seen in the history of the Earth.

One hour.
It wasn't much time, but it had been enough for them to contact the guild responsible for that area to prepare and evacuate the citizens.

However, while Kim Rok Soo could foresee the location the monster would arrive but not its strength.
That was why his teammates who had already come here knowing that they might die had to face an existence beyond their expectations.

Cale could smell, see, hear, and feel the conversations from that day, the heat and burning smell in the air, as well as the black and red surroundings of that day.

'Kim Rok Soo, wipe your nosebleed. You should get some rest if you have overloaded.'

Kim Rok Soo used his sleeve to wipe his nose. He had continued to pay attention to Lee Soo Hyuk as he did that.

'Ah still, thanks to you and our efforts, most people evacuated on time. Well, although the guild in charge ran away as well. We just need to hold that monster back until reinforcements arrive.'

Cale felt his head getting hotter and hotter as if he was getting a fever.
However, the records in Cale's mind did not stop.

He recalled what team leader Lee Soo Hyuk had said after that.