Chapter 255 - Eat Up (2)

Chhhhhhhhhhhh-

Cale's body started to sink to the bottom of the lake.

It was difficult to see clearly as if the inside of the lake was filled with fog. ( (PR: Is that possible even? If so, it sounds cool. Probably was more referring to the water being murky or cloudy, but we will leave it as is.) )
Only the red blood dripping out of Cale's mouth followed the flow of water and added color to the lake.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Cale's body started to shake.
The lake was rumbling.

It was rumbling in rhythm, as if it was someone's heartbeat.

Cale's head was shaking with the rumbling as the voice that had disappeared came back.

– I was born a slave.

The voice echoed throughout the lake.

The Water of Judgment.
No, the voice of the Sky Eating Water returned.

– I don't know who my parents are since the only thing I remember are the chains around my ankles. But one day, a god came to find me. My first memory was about the chains around my ankle. A god came to visit the woman who had heard thousands of times that her roots were that of a slave.

– He told me I had talents before he freed me from slavery. He told me that I had talents that could be used for the world. That was how the god destroyed my first chains.

– However, he placed a new chain on me instead. The name of that chain was called the, 'Water of Judgment.' This second chain was not on my ankles, but on my heart.

– People revered me for having the attention of a god and trusted that I would take care of their problems. However, there were some people who wanted to use me instead, and they were the ones that put chains back on my ankles.

It was the moment a third chain was about to be placed on her.

– I ran away.

It was the only time in her life that she was happy.
She was out of breath running away, however, she was happy.

– I met some people who were willing to help me and ran away to the Eastern continent, however, I ran away alone.

The people who had helped her escape had chosen to place chains over their own ankles and remain on the Western continent.
They said that they had something to do.

All of them had said that they had something to do and remained in that land to fight.
That was how she had run away.
That was how she had become free.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The inside of the lake started to rumble faster. At the same time, Cale's body started to shake intensely as if he had been caught in a current.

And inside that fog-like lake.

Shaaaaaaa- Shaaaaaaaa-

Something was cutting through the fog and approaching Cale.

Claaaaang-

They were the chains.
The half-transparent chains made out of water shot up from the bottom of the lake and rushed toward Cale at a fast speed.
He heard her voice at that moment. She sounded as if she was laughing.

– But I didn't know how to live a free life. I had never lived like that before. I was free, but I didn't know how to live a free life.

The rumbling inside the lake became stronger. The chains were not affected by the rumbling as they continued to approach Cale.