Chapter 287 - Without Front or Back (3)

The Empire's Third Knights Brigade rushed toward the only path between the fire.

"Get off your horses!"

Duke Huten jumped off his horse as he shouted.
The horses were getting scared while looking at the red fire. Anybody who was scared was useless in battle.

'They are more of a hindrance in that small opening.'

Duke Huten rushed quickly toward the opening in the fire after quickly making that judgment.

Clang-!
His sword, no, his aura shot up toward the sky.

His silver-grey colored aura that resembled the color of his sword shot up to the sky.

The Sword of the Empire. Duke Huten had been given that title because he was a sword master and because the color of his aura was the color of a sword.

"Follow the Duke-nim!"

The captain of the Third Knights Brigade gave the order and the knights who had gotten off their horses wrapped around the Duke as they headed toward the castle gate.

"Ahahahaha! You came down to the ground in the end! It's only fun when we are on the same level! Kahahahahah!"

Duke Huten could see Toonka charging toward him.
Once Toonka and the warriors moved forward, the soldiers behind them put up long spears and bows to cover the gap.

"You cocky bastard."

Duke Huten grumbled as he kicked off the ground with the aura-covered sword in his hand.
Toonka and Huten.
The two of them were only looking at each other as they ran toward each other.

'You're just a damn arrogant barbarian! I'm going to kill you!'

Huten's pride had been hurt.
They kept getting toyed with by the Whipper Kingdom and even the flow of battle had changed when he was the one to come with the overwhelming numbers.

He had rushed forward to change the flow of battle once again.
It was also to buy some time.

And finally.

"I will kill you!"

It was to kill Toonka.

Toonka was now within Duke Huten's range. Duke Huten could now attack Toonka at a range that a stupid barbarian without aura could not reach him.
He could do so because of his aura.
Just like how mages and regular citizens had different values, people with aura and people without aura had different values on the battlefield as well.

Ooooooong-
The silver-grey aura shot up toward the sky. It then shot down at a quick speed.

'Kill Toonka.'

Duke Huten's first attack that had the desire to kill Toonka had started.

"I will step all over your-"

It was at that moment.
He suddenly got the chills.
Duke Huten could feel it.

'An attack is coming.
A sharp blade is heading my way.'

Huten turned his head to the right.
He could see a black helmet.
This helmet even covered the eyes area so that he could not see anything about the person behind it.

'...When?
When did that, when did that person get here?
I didn't sense him at all.
A sword master like me couldn't sense him?'

However, he could not question it any longer.
The helmeted swordsman was running like an average person toward him with an average sword in his hand. Duke Huten quickly moved his arm that was covered in goosebumps.
However, the black helmeted swordsman was faster.