Chapter 347 - Severance (1)

"Cale-nim, do you think the path to the Wind Island will be difficult? Is there really a need for only one person to go?"

Choi Han calmly asked while Raon excitedly added on in Cale's mind.

– That's right! I'm invisible, so I can go! There is nowhere a great and mighty Dragon cannot go!

Cale sighed and quietly looked at Choi Han.

Cale did not know about anything that happened after volume 5 of The Birth of a Hero.
What would Choi Han have done after volume 5?

'Unlucky bastard.'

Cale was thinking that Choi Han was unluckier than himself.
He had lived happily for seventeen years before he was dropped into the Forest of Darkness and lived a terrible life that made you wonder if there was anything worse that could happen to a person.

Then his second hometown of Harris Village was destroyed and its people massacred.
After that, he did many good things for the greater good to grow stronger. Blood always followed behind that path of growth as if it was an obvious part of growth.

"...Cale-nim?"
"Unlucky bastard."

Choi Han, who was looking at Cale with concern, closed his mouth after hearing Cale's comment.

– Human! Choi Han is baffled while looking at you right now! I feel the same way! Who is calling who unlucky?

Cale just ignored the six-year-old's comment.
He chose to focus on the voice of the Super Rock in his mind instead.

– You unlucky bastard.

'...It feels oddly uncomfortable hearing this from the Super Rock as well.'

"What's so unlucky about me?"

Cale started to grumble. He had a scowl on his face.

"I'm the eldest son of a Count, I'm rich, I am strong enough to not get beaten to death anywhere, well, I am a bit busy, but... And that business is making me famous- shit."

Cale decided not to grumble anymore.
Just talking about it was making him angry.

– Huuu, how cute.

He ignored the Super Rock's comment.
He also ignored the pitiful gazes of the group who were shaking their heads at him. That led him to look toward the Mercenary King.

"You really are my friend. I feel like I found my soul's friend!"

'What's wrong with this bastard?'

Cale could see Bud Illis grabbing his hand.

"I'm the same! I'm the Mercenary King! I'm the head of the Mercenaries Guild! I'm also rich. And strong. But there's a lot of work. And my life is on the line with that work. Shit!"
"...Haaaa."

Cale slapped Bud Illis's hand away before choosing to just look out at the foggy ocean.
That was the most relaxing thing to do.

However, once he could see an island through the fog...as they approached close enough for him to see the port...

Cale oddly started to frown.

"That is my hometown island!"

He could see a large island.
But that was not the issue.

– Human! Human! I feel like I smell alcohol!
"It's the smell of alcohol!"
"It reeks of alcohol so much!"

On and Hong, whom the Mercenary King already found out were Cats, as well as Raon, the three children averaging nine-years-old scowled and commented on the scent coming from the port.
Cale watched the bow of the ship reach the port as he warned the children averaging nine-years-old.