Chapter 400 - Alright, this is the beginning (2)

Plavin Singten gulped while looking at the masked man who was asking if he wanted to live or die.

'How did it......!'

He then started to think about how he ended up receiving a threat like this.

A few days ago, no, it wasn't that long ago. It happened about two days ago.

After he handed the bag filled with magic stones to the man who seemed to be the masked man's subordinate, that subordinate told him about a secret location to use for any emergency messages.

For some reason, something came up that made it necessary for him to use that emergency contact almost right away.

'Should I not have told him about the Alchemists' Towers and the magic faction's plans?'

The Southern Alchemists' Tower that Plavin was connected with had told him that the four Alchemists' Towers would work together to attack the capital, as well as the fact that there was a mysterious mage faction working with them.
Furthermore, the Southern Alchemists' Tower had asked Plavin for materials and magic stones to use in this battle.

Plavin had debated what to do before providing this information to the man who seemed close to the Church of the Sun God.
And tonight... That man had come to Plavin's secret residence once again.

'...And who they heck are they?'

The red-haired man with the black mask from last time was not here today.
Instead, there were two masked men standing behind the man in the white mask.

"Why are your eyes moving around so much?"

Flinch.

Plavin quickly moved his gaze from the two men to the ground.
Cale watched him and started to chuckle. His gaze headed behind Plavin. Plavin's trusted assassin subordinates were quietly standing behind him.

– Human! I want to remove my invisibility! I want to stand next to grandpa Ron and the tasty food providing Beacrox! I want to wear a mask too!

Cale pretended not to hear Raon. The black Dragon was excited for some reason.

Choi Han and Bud were not here right now.
Beacrox and Ron were with him instead.

'Choi Han.'

Cale had given a different order to Choi Han who tried to follow him to the Empire.

'You go and quickly take care of the Syrem issue before coming over. Come with Miss Rosalyn.'

Choi Han had flinched before shaking his head after hearing Cale's comment.

'What is it, do you need me to come with you?'
'No, Cale-nim. I can take care of the Syrem situation on my own.'
'I'll be waiting for you.'
'Yes, Cale-nim.'

Choi Han had headed to the Roan Kingdom's capital instead.
Of course, Cale did not send him alone. Eruhaben was moving with Choi Han while Cale brought the rest of the group to the Empire.

"Cough, cough!"

Cale looked back at Plavin Singten after hearing some coughs.

"I apologize, something seems to have gone down my windpipe, cough, ahem, hem."

Cale gently started to speak to Plavin as he had done to his guild subordinates when he was Kim Rok Soo.

"Oh, you were just choking. I thought you were poisoned or something."

The tips of Plavin's fingers were shaking. His gaze headed toward the red fog that was eerily visible outside the open terrace window.

"That poisonous fog should not come into the terrace. You would die instantly if you were hit by that poison. That was why I was worried when you started to cough, guild leader Plavin."
"Ha, haha- thankfully it was not poison. Haha-"