Chapter 284 - What the wind swept in (4)

The Dwarf was the first to react to the Fire of Destruction's rumbling.
Dwarves were a race that dealt with steel.
As someone who could not live without dealing with fire, Kanelle gasped after seeing the fire on Cale's palm.

It was different than the fire he used to melt steel.
All he could feel was a wicked fire that seemed to want to gobble everything.

"Commander-nim-"

Chief Kanelle called out to Cale, however, Cale just glanced at him before starting to walk. Choi Han, who was dressed as a priest, lowered his hood and followed behind Cale.

"Is it okay to just leave him like that?"

Choi Han asked Cale with concern. It was obvious he was talking about the Flame Dwarf Chief who was blankly standing there.

"It's fine since Mary went."

Cale coldly commented that it was fine since Mary already went to gather the other Flame Dwarves.

"And that punk will move soon as well."

Cale sounded certain as he said that. Cale headed down from the castle wall and entered the staircase to head back into the castle.
He turned back around and looked out past the castle wall before descending down.

"He'd be stupid to just stand there after seeing that."

Choi Han also turned to look. He then followed Cale and headed for their destination.
Behind Cale and Choi Han's back was Toonka who was charging toward the Empire's knights with just a club in his hand.

Baaaaang!
The iron club and swords created loud noises as they clashed.

"Kehehehe."

The Vice Captain of the Mogoru Empire's Third Knights Brigade. He started to frown after hearing the laughter through his helmet.

'I didn't expect that he would suddenly dash out like this!'

He knew that Toonka held the title of the Whipper Kingdom's strongest individual. He was also the commander for this battle.
Normally in a battle like this, both sides would try to gain the psychological advantage or start with a small clash between the leaders.
There were usually some formalities and class to start things off.

However, this barbarian commander didn't care for any of that. He just immediately charged toward them.

'Go take him on.'

The glorious sword master Duke Huten, the captain of the First Knights Brigade as well as the Commanding Officer of the Empire's Royal Knights Brigade.
He had ordered the Third Knights Brigade to handle Toonka and the warriors who charged forward without any strategies.

'Teach that wild calf the strength of the Empire.'

The members of the Third Knights Brigade were wearing armor fortified with magic and riding on horses. The Vice Captain scoffed while seeing Toonka running toward them without a horse.

War was not child's play.
That was why they were looking down on this barbarian who was rushing toward them without any support. However, the Vice Captain's face had a frown that could not disappear.

'...How is he so stupidly strong?!'

He could feel a strong vibration from his sword that was fortified with magic once it clashed against the iron club.
The Vice Captain almost dropped his sword.

It was not just Toonka's strength that was scary.
Toonka's ability to jump up to his level when he was riding on a horse was shocking.

'Where is he?'