Chapter 359 - No, Then Whatever (1)

"...You're going to go through all of these?"

The Mercenary King urgently chased behind Cale, who was heading toward the center of the area that was full of thousands of books. He seemed to be nervous.

"Cale, I remember what you told me when you made me the offer."

Bud Illis recalled the things Cale told him the first time they met.

"You asked me to show you the Directory."

The Directory was not a file that even the Mercenary King could easily show others. However, he still brought Cale here, even acting stealthily in the process.
There was a simple reason for it.

"You said you needed to know the White Star's history."

Cale turned his head and looked toward the Mercenary King.

The Mercenary King flinched.

It was because Cale's eyes did not look human for a moment.

They were cold and emotionless. It was as if he was looking at an object.
However, those thoughts quickly disappeared once Cale started to speak.

Cale had not told the Mercenary King much information about the White Star. However, it was time to share some details.

"The White Star is a reincarnator who has gone through many lives for approximately 1,000 years."

That was enough.
Cale confirmed the Mercenary King's expression changing before turning back around and heading toward the records.

Bud just blankly stared at Cale's back.

Pat. Pat.

He only returned to his senses and started to speak after the ancient Dragon patted his shoulders before walking past him. The ancient Dragon was approaching Cale.

"...Eruhaben-nim, are you saying the White Star is someone who repeatedly died and was born again?"
"Yes. He reincarnated over and over."

Eruhaben looked toward Cale who stopped in front of a desk and was looking around before continuing to speak.

"That is why we came here to look for records about him. He should have left traces throughout the Eastern and Western continents during his reincarnations."

Bud quickly responded back.

"...There's no way that we have no records on such a strong individual."

However, Bud's lips opened and closed a few times without saying anything before he stopped hesitating and continued to speak.

"However, it is close to impossible to find traces of him in these tens of thousands of books."

As the current Mercenary King, he had the most knowledge about these records than any other living being.

"Each book has hundreds of people listed in it. It is ... Almost not realistic to go through hundreds of thousands of individuals."

He peeked toward Ron Molan before continuing to speak.

"Of course, I have a good knowledge of all of the strong individuals in the past fifty years. Those are considered the, 'currently recording,' information."

Ron Molan was an example of a strong individual from the Eastern continent whose traces had disappeared.
That was why the Mercenaries Guild was keeping his record under the, 'currently recording,' status.

"...Around two hundred years might be doable, but a thousand years is just-"
"Bud."

Someone cut him off.
It was Cale.