Chapter 339 - Destroyed (5)

The ancient Dragon Eruhaben's face was a total mess as the two lights crashed against each other.

"You stupid idiot!"

Hundreds of thunderbolts landed on the silver shield.

It all happened in an instant.

It happened right as Eruhaben had pulled out every single bit of mana in his body to make the white gold barrier as strong as possible.

"You can still-"

A silver mana shield had appeared over the white gold barrier in that short instant. Then a different silver shield had quickly appeared on top of that.
The thoughts behind those shields were too obvious.

"You can still move your shields away!"

Eruhaben tried to pull down Cale's hands that were reaching up to the sky, however, he could see Cale starting to speak even as his lips were shaking.

"But I don't want to."

Cale was speaking in an extremely disrespectful manner.
However, his eyes were cold.

"It's already too late."

As Cale mentioned, it was already too late to deactivate his shield.

"I plan to do whatever I want."

Cale then looked past Eruhaben to the silver shield.

Bang!

One of the thunderbolts crashed into the shield.

Baaaaang! Bang!

A couple more thunderbolts crashed into the shield and tried to destroy it.
That was the beginning.

Baaaaang! Bang, baaaaang! Baaaaang!

Numerous white thunderbolts shot down as if they wanted to rip apart the shield.

"Huff, huff. Huff."

Cale lost some strength every time the shield shook from the impact. The Vitality of the Heart was definitely working harder than ever in order to fill Cale's body with strength.
However, it felt as if all of the strength that it pushed in was seeping out of Cale's hands.

"He, hehe-"

Cale started to laugh. His tired eyes looked toward the white thunderbolts.

It looked like light was falling down on his shield.
The white thunderbolts looked extremely holy. They were also very bright. How many experiences would one have in their life where they could see such bright lights?

"...Damn it, it is so fucking bright."

Unfortunately, Cale did not like such sights like this.

– ...I'm hungry.

He could hear the glutton priestess's voice.

The Indestructible Shield.

The power he had received from the glutton priestess. Cale had faced many dangers until now, but the shield had never been destroyed before.

'The majority of that was thanks to Raon.'

It had only been possible because Raon's silver mana shield had surrounded Cale's shield.
However, Cale and Raon's positions had flipped this time.

Cale's mind was quickly moving even as he was breathing heavily so that he could make out as much of the current situation as possible.

'It will crash a total of three times.'

The white thunderbolts would crash into Cale's silver shield, Raon's shield, and then the white gold barrier. They would strike those three layers in that order.