Chapter 261 - Rip It (2)

Chimera. A man-made monster.
The ancient Dragon groaned after hearing that word.

'This is something that goes against the laws of nature.'

It was different than a mutant or a variable.
Both of those were things that happened naturally, while a chimera was not like those things.

"Nine hundred years ago..."

The ancient Dragon almost gasped as the Dragon half-blood continued to speak.
He had expected the Dragon half-blood to have completed his second growth phase, however, living 900 years was almost the full lifespan of a Dragon.

How was that possible?
Eruhaben kept his mouth shut as he waited for the Dragon half-blood to continue.

The Dragon half-blood took some breaths before slowly taking them on a journey through the past.

"I was told that I was the only surviving child. That person told me to call him, 'father.' Since he said I was the only surviving child, he wasn't my real dad. Ah, you're probably curious about who my father is."

The Dragon half-blood could see the young Dragon observing him from right behind Cale.
The dark blue pupils showed wariness, sadness, as well as many other emotions. The Dragon half-blood thought that they were very innocent emotions.

'He's young. That Dragon is really young.'

That fact made the Dragon half-blood sigh as he continued to speak.

"My father is the, 'White Star.' The leader of Arm."

Raon flinched while the ancient Dragon groaned. Even Witira, who was standing outside the cell, could not help but gasp.
However, the Dragon half-blood started to laugh again after seeing Cale's gaze.

Cale seemed to be inspecting him.
The still focused gaze was coldly trying to determine whether he was lying or telling the truth.

'Scary bastard.'

The Dragon half-blood did not stop himself from laughing as he asked.

"Don't you want to catch that person?"

Arm's leader. The White Star.
The person who kept the Dragon half-blood in that cave.

"Too bad. Even I have only seen him with a mask on. Well, only his eyes were covered, so I did see his mouth."

The Dragon half-blood had only seen the mouth of the person who was laughing as the white crown ate his blood.
He still heard that laughter whenever he went to bed. That was the only noise he had heard while staying inside that dark cave.

The Dragon half-blood pushed that memory aside as he looked toward Cale. He heard Cale's voice the moment they made eye contact.
Cale had noticed something odd in the Dragon half-blood's statement.

"The White Star is human?"

The Dragon half-blood had said, 'that person.'
The Dragon half-blood started to smile.

"Isn't it weird?"

Mm.
Eruhaben brushed his face with his hand.
Everybody was tense as they waited for the Dragon half-blood to continue. Only the Dragon half-blood's weak voice could be heard.

"The White Star is human. However, he has been alive for 900 years. He doesn't even have the scent of death on him. What do you think?"
"He doesn't have the scent of death on him?"

Eruhaben interjected into the conversation.
The Dragon half-blood made eye contact with the ancient Dragon.

"Yes, Eruhaben. I'm sure you would have figured out my situation right now. I am only a half-blood, but I still do have some Dragon's blood in me. Dragons are sensitive to the scent of nature and death. That is why they are able to notice dead mana right away, but I could not smell even the smallest amount of the scent of death on him."