Chapter 351 - Severance (5)

He saw someone that he did not recognize as soon as he opened his eyes.

'Who is this?'

It was a young boy who seemed to be a teenager.
His eyes opened wide once he made eye contact with Cale.

"Oh, my lord. You woke up right away, unlike usual."

Cale started to frown after seeing the teenager calling him, 'lord,' while looking directly at him.

'The moment you fear the most will greet you.'

The contents of the test popped up in his mind.

"...I'm the Lord of the territory?"

'Is this related to what I fear the most?'

Cale's expression turned odd.

'This is what I fear?'

"Are you still not fully awake yet, my lord?"

The way this teenager treated the Lord of a territory was similar to how he would treat a close adult. The teenager shook his head and continued to speak as Cale just quietly looked at him.

"Yes sir, yes sir. You are a very famous lord. You are the great hero who saved our Roan Kingdom as well as the Western continent and the Eastern continent from the evil White Star."

Cale started to frown again.
The teenager has a mischievous smile after seeing Cale's reaction.

"The Lord-nim always puts on such an expression whenever I say that. Please get up. It is time for breakfast."

Cale looked toward the teenager who was heading toward the half-open curtains.

'Saved the world from the evil White Star?'

That phrase struck Cale the most over being called a great hero or the territory's lord.

'...Is this after everything is over?'

Was this test showing him the future after everything was done?

Cale's gaze that was following behind the teenager stopped somewhere.
He then flinched.

He could see a mirror.

'...I look to be in my mid-thirties.'

A mature face different than the original Cale of his twenties was looking back at him in the mirror.
It was a very tired and weak-looking face frowning back at him.

He was frowning the same way right now.

Chhhhhhhh.

He could hear the curtains being opened. Cale looked at the sunlight reflecting off of the mirror as he started to speak.

"How old am I?"
"Excuse me?"

The teenager asked back in confusion, but Cale did not mind.
He was in the middle of a test. He needed to gather as much information as possible if he wanted to quickly complete this test.

"Aigoo, lord-nim."

The teenager sighed as he responded back.

"You are 36 years old this year."

36 years old.
That gave Cale an odd feeling.

The Birth of a Hero. Kim Rok Soo's age before he transported into the novel and Cale Henituse's body was thirty-six.

Cale thought about his past when he had sat in a corner of his room rolling around his bed and reading 'The Birth of a Hero.'

The frown on Cale's face did not seem like it would ever go away, and the teenager must have been looking at him as he purposely made himself sound excited as he started to speak.