Chapter 262 - Rip It (3)

"Young master Cale."

Cale smiled toward Rosalyn who was calling for him with a calm voice.

The Flame Dwarf tribe and the Bear tribe.
They now had a way to choke them out.

Cale made eye contact with Rosalyn while thinking that she would have the same type of excited reaction. That was why he was waiting for her to continue speaking.

"Looks like you were the one to strike people in the back."
"...Excuse me?"
"You hit us hard on our backs."

Rosalyn's calm but chilly gaze made Cale flinch as he reached his hand out to rub the top of his back. However, he could not reach his back because Raon was currently hanging on him.
The invisible Raon's voice echoed in the area.

"You're right little Rosalyn! The weak human smashed us in the back!"
"Right, Raon-nim? I'm very happy to see you healthy and grown, Raon-nim."
"I'm happy to see all of you as well!"

Rosalyn's expression that had turned into a gentle smile at Raon's voice turned cold again as she looked back toward Cale. Cale slowly tried to avoid her gaze.
However, doing that made him see Choi Han, who was standing there with his mouth shut, as well as the tall but feeble Wolf boy Lock who was fidgeting with a tearful expression.

'Tsk.'

Cale realized that Lock saw him in pain through the video communication device.

'He saw something a child shouldn't see.'

He looked back toward Rosalyn and casually started to speak.

"I am okay now."

'Liar.'

Rosalyn felt those words wanting to come out of her mouth, but chose to remain silent.
It was what they had chosen after chatting with Ron. It was because they knew Cale and knew about the approaching future that they decided to respond with their actions rather than their words.

Cale saw that they were quiet, so he quickly changed topics. Their looking like they were worried about him was embarrassing as he didn't like how they had to worry about a full-grown adult like himself.

"But how were you able to take care of things so quickly?"

Cale waved the documents Choi Han handed him as he asked.
Rosalyn answered that question as if it wasn't much.

"It was easy. We went to Norland and said that we should end it here if they don't want to see the Paerun Kingdom and Roan Kingdom invade them together."
"Is that so?"
"Yes. We even threw them a carrot as we discussed. We offered to use the sea route in order to conduct some food trade. Their expressions changed once I said that."

Cale nodded his head.
They had not gone to just destroy palaces.

You always have to give the carrot with the stick.
The biggest reason that the northern kingdoms wanted to conquer unfrozen lands was because of food. However, it was difficult to conduct trades because of the Forest of Darkness and the Gorge of Death.

that was why the Roan Kingdom offered to trade them food via the sea route. Of course, it would not be between private merchant guilds, but on the national level.

Norland had already realized that it was impossible to aim for the Roan Kingdom, and they were slowly reaching the point where they would need to worry about their food supply. That was why this offer would have been enticing for them.

Rosalyn continued to speak.

"Once the deal with Norland was made, it was only natural that Askosan would soon follow. We threatened them by asking if they felt as if they could handle the Bear tribe, the Flame Dwarf Tribe, and Arm on their own when both of the other two kingdoms had already stepped out of the Indomitable Alliance."
"You did a wonderful job."
"It was nothing."