Chapter 350- Severance (4)

The Jungle, the North, the central region, and the desert.
All of those were places were on the ceiling art.

It was only the spot that the current Roan Kingdom was located. Only the continent's northeast region was not drawn out separately.

'Something is weird.'

Cale definitely correctly recalled what the glutton priestess of the Indestructible Shield had told him in the past. There was no way that his memory was wrong.

The Henituse territory that was famous for having a lot of rocks, specifically marbles.
The glutton priestess who had died there had said the following.

'I can't purify it.'
'That was why I could only eat it and die after being dyed black. I couldn't just watch the ground turn black and do nothing about it.'
'I don't think I can give up on this taste even if I get fat. It's so unfair that I had to die while eating dirt!'

The Henituse territory's slums. The glutton priestess had died there while eating the dirt that had turned black.

"According to the glutton, the Henituse territory area was dyed black as well."

The Henituse territory, and therefore the Roan Kingdom as well, was supposed to have turned black like the Jungle and the North.
But that area was not shown in the art at all.

'Why is that the case?'

He could not figure out the reason behind it.

He heard a different voice other than the thief at that moment.
The Scary Giant Cobblestone started to chime in.

– The current Roan was a land of boulders in the past.

Cale's eyes clouded over for a moment.

The land of boulders.

He was familiar with this phrase.
He thought about someone.

'Taylor Stan!'

Crazy priestess Cage's close friend and the leader of the Marquis household that led the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region nobles.
The man who had once lost his position as heir.

Cale thought about the first time he had headed to the Roan Kingdom's capital with the crazy priestess Cage and Taylor Stan.

Taylor Stan had said the following as they chatted.

'The Roan Kingdom is the land of 'boulders.' '

That was related to an ancient myth.
It was something that Cale, who had only read < The Birth of a Hero > until volume 5, had heard for the first time at that moment.

'If you look into ancient texts, there are a lot of stories about this land being connected to, 'boulders,' even before the Roan Kingdom came into existence. One of those stories is about how there is a boulder-like guardian over this land.'

A boulder-like guardian.

'They say that this guardian was able to protect everything no matter what attacked. He was said to be the person who defended against the darkness in the front when the continent descended into darkness.'

The myth Taylor described and the missing land in the ceiling art started to come together in Cale's mind.

'The guardian is said to have stood as firm as a boulder even when his entire body was breaking down. That is how he protected this northeast region's lands and its people.'

Cale started to speak.

"...Was it you?"

The Super Rock responded back.