Chapter 291 - Playing the drums and the janggu (Doing everything) (1)

– What else could it be?

Crown prince Alberu's bright smile was visible on the other side of the screen.

– You're screwed.
"...Haaa."

Cale brushed his face with both of his hands after seeing Alberu smile while saying that he was screwed. Alberu seemed to be enjoying this right now.

On the other hand, Sir Rex and Billos had turned pale.
Their gaze was on the black Dragon who was patting Cale's leg.

"Human! Do you not want to see the Imperial Prince? Cheer up!"

Pat pat.
Raon's chubby front paw continued to tap on Cale's leg. Sir Rex and Billos just turned away in shock.

"...It's a Dragon. I really did find a golden thread-"

Billos was mumbling, but nobody was paying any attention to him.
Alberu just chuckled and shook his head.

– This is bad. The Imperial Prince is asking for you. As an honorary citizen of the Empire who received a medal of honor, shouldn't you go?

'Damn it.'

Cale held himself back from saying that out loud.

– But it really seems like the Imperial Prince is in a rush. He needs you to put out the fire.

That was the reason.
The Empire was looking for Cale because of the fire.

The fire that Cale's Fire of Destruction had started in front of Maple Castle was still burning strong.
The Empire knew about the pillars of fire in the Gorge of Death.
Seeing as how Rosalyn, who had been at the Gorge of Death, was with the Whipper Kingdom's forces, they were worried something similar might happen to them.

That was why they were looking for Cale who had put out the Jungle fire.

"It's not like I can say no."

Cale commented as if he was sighing.

"Umm, why can't you say no?"

Sir Rex cautiously asked. Cale shrugged his shoulders and started to explain.

"They will start to get suspicious if I don't go. They'll think that the Roan Kingdom is supporting the Whipper Kingdom."

The Mogoru Empire was already pressuring the Breck Kingdom.
The Breck Kingdom keeps telling them that Rosalyn has long been kicked out of the royal family, but that only continued to fuel the Empire's suspicions.
Of course, they couldn't officially do anything as nothing was proven.

"Mm, it puts you in an awkward position."
"That is the case."

It was when Rex, Cale, and the pale Billos all nodded in agreement.

– You don't have to go.
"...Excuse me?"

Crown prince Alberu did not hesitate to say that.

– Miss Rosalyn had some precious footage.
"Precious footage?"
– Yes, and I have a copy of it too. He understood once I showed it to him.

'What could it be?'

Cale felt chills on his back for the first time in a while. However, crown prince Alberu was calm.

– Miss Rosalyn recorded you suffering on the bed in the Eastern continent's inn.

'...Ah.'

Cale started to frown.

Suffering on the bed in the Eastern continent's inn.
That was when he had been coughing up blood and shivering after earning the Sky Eating Water.
Ron had shown Rosalyn a short glimpse of his suffering when she had called.