Chapter 276 - A Beautiful Night (5)

The bottom of the lake that was revealed was starting to rumble and crack as if an earthquake was happening underneath it.

Craaaaaaack-!

A red fluid similar to the lava that Cale had seen on top of the Ten Finger Mountains was coming out of the ground while looking as if it could melt anything in its way.

Cale shouted at the group the moment he saw the fluid.

"Everybody dodge!"

Someone shouted in response.

"Flight!"

Choi Han, On, and Hong's bodies shot up into the air. Eruhaben had used flight magic on them. However, Choi Han was looking down even as his body flew up.

"This-"

The moment the red fluid that reminded him of hell appeared at the bottom of the lake, it shot up as if it wanted to eat up the sky.

Chhhhhhhhhhhh!

It was as if a downpour was coming from the ground as that red fluid continued to shoot up.

The ground was shaking.
The ground at the bottom of the lake started to crumble as if it could not handle this red fluid.

It shot up similar to the pillar of fire that Choi Han had seen many times already.

"Cale-nim!"

It turned into a tsunami and rushed toward Cale.
Cale watched the fire heading toward him and started to think.

'Fuck.'

He thought that he made the wrong decision.

-Ahahahahahahaha, kek, hahahahahaha!

He probably shouldn't have touched this crazy fiery thunderbolt that was laughing so hard that he choked.
Cale watched the lava approach him as he stood there with the money bag in one hand and a shocked expression on his face.

Cale heard the voice of a woman in his head at that moment.

– Fly up.

'...Huh?'

Cale flinched.

Cale had heard this voice only once before.
The Sound of the Wind.
It was the voice of the thief from when he earned that ancient power.
The person who had only communicated by creating small whirlwinds to guide him toward divine items had revealed her presence for the first time since Cale obtained her.

The woman who had escaped with a divine item, the thief who had lost her freedom and died underwater, was speaking.

– The wind is what knows fire the best.

Fire and wind could not be separated.
They wrapped around each other in order to create an even greater disaster.

Cale could feel the wind that appeared by his feet on its own. The wind appeared the moment the fire was about to get stronger. Cale found this to be odd, but he still stomped his feet and kicked off the ground.

Cale shot up into the air with the wind.

Boooooooom!

The ground that he just flew off of was now covered in lava.
The lava seemed to not be satisfied with just gulping up the lake, as it continued to gulp up the surrounding area.
It quickly continued to grow its territory until it ran into the barrier the ancient Dragon Olienne had left behind.

Baaaaang!
Baaaaang!

Vines appeared out of the barrier to fight off the lava. However, the lava easily ate up the vines.