Chapter 256 - Eat Up (3)

Boom-

Beacrox flinched because of the rumbling before he steadied himself.
He then looked toward the lake. That large lake was rumbling.

He was certain that young master Cale had something to do with it.
However, Beacrox could not help but say something else after looking at the lake.

"Eruhaben-nim, what is going on?"

Beacrox has a serious expression on his face as he supported the carrier with both hands. However, his expression was not as serious as Eruhaben's expression.

"...This."

The ancient Dragon could not help but wipe his eyes with his hands.

He was looking at Raon, who was inside Beacrox's carrier.
The ancient Dragon's eyes looked concerned as he looked at Raon.

Black mana was slowly rising up from Raon's body. The mana became thicker before slowly surrounding Raon's body.

Eruhaben could not believe it.

"You can't use mana when you are going through your first growth phase."

The trial ground for the first growth phase.
Dragons could not use mana nor magic at that location.
Although it looked as if your mana was sealed only in the dream, it was sealed in the real world as well.

That was why Dragons faced a dangerous situation of the internal battle against itself, as well as external dangers from others as their bodies could not be protected with mana during the growth phase.

That was how it was supposed to be.
So how was it that this young Dragon was releasing mana right now?

This was not normal.

This was different than what he had seen until now.
Eruhaben had thought that Raon would either take a really long time or a really short time to finish his first growth phase. However, even if he was quick, he didn't expect it to be this quick.

'How did the little kid defeat his future adult self so quickly?'

Eruhaben had no way of knowing what happened.

A Dragon faces its adult self during its first growth phase.
That adult Dragon could not use Dragon's Breath nor magic and instead could only use its physical strength, however, it was still a scary existence for young Dragons who could not use magic.

That was why the growth phases were called a battle against themselves. A young Dragon's potential was determined based on how long it took to finish the first growth phase because they knew that the stronger adult Dragons took longer to defeat.

Of course, there was a way for young Dragons to defeat their adult selves.

It had to do with the Dragon's attribute.

The unique attribute that nobody else would have.
The young Dragons could defeat their future selves once that dormant attribute was activated.

And the method and time it took to defeat their future selves were how their plate was determined.

However, this little kid was different than everyone else.
The ancient Dragon's years of experience was telling him something.

'This little kid is not fighting against his future self right now.'

"What is he fighting against?"

There was nothing other than your adult self in the trial ground. Just what was this little kid fighting against?

Eruhaben could not hide his confusion and concern.
However, Raon was not fighting right now.
In fact, he was going against the battlefield and trying to get out of it.