Chapter 309 - From the Bottom (5)

"What did you need the Sun God's divine item for?"

Cale asked her another question. He could see Vice Tower Master Metelona shaking in fear as she shook her head.

"I, I don't know about that part, sir. The Tower Master-nim said that he has been looking for it for a long time because he needs it."

Metelona flinched in the middle of her response after seeing Cale's cold gaze before she quickly continued to speak in desperation.

"I am not completely certain, but I remember the Tower Master once saying that the, 'real,' lights needed to disappear."

'Real lights?'

Cale thought about the Sun God's divine item that he had with him.

The Condemnation of the Sun.
Was that compact mirror really the, 'real light?'
However, Cale had heard the Vice Tower Master clearly. He approached her a little closer and calmly asked.

"Lights?"

Not one, but multiple lights.
Metelona nodded her head. Cale started to frown again at her response.

"Yes sir. The divine item and the people the Sun God bestowed his power upon."

The Condemnation of the Sun and the half-Saint Jack.
Cale started to frown as the pieces that he had were falling into place one by one so that he could prevent himself from letting out a gasp.

He felt as if he would start laughing if he didn't do that.

However, there was a single person in this tent who got scared by that frown.
The Vice Tower Master quickly continued to speak.

"That was why we captured the Saint and the Holy Maiden in order to figure out the location of the divine item. Unfortunately, we couldn't capture them because both of them ended up escaping. Of course, Commander Cale-nim, you managed to get Saint Jack-"
"Hold on-"

Cale stopped Metelona.

'...The Saint and Holy Maiden?
It's both of them?
But one of them is a half-Saint only with healing powers while the other is a fake without any divine abilities, no?'

It was at that moment.

"Ah."

Someone let out a gasp.
Cale turned his head.
It was crown prince Alberu. He started to speak as soon as he made eye contact with Cale. He continued to speak in that extremely low voice.

"I know a bit about the Sun God."

It was because he was a quarter Dark Elf.
It was also because he was the crown prince of the Crossman royal family who was said to have received the blessings of the Sun God.
He knew quite a bit about the tenets of the Sun God that was both his enemy and the source of blessing for his family.
But he knew most about the Sun God as a Dark Elf. The Church of the Sun God was the greatest enemy for the Dark Elves to avoid.

"The Sun God always said to defeat the darkness. The church is more suited as one focused on crusades rather than healing. That was why the Sun God always told its believers to defeat the lifeforms with the darkness attribute. He also split his power to the children who could follow his will."

Cale flinched.

'Perhaps?'

"In that case, the chances of the Sun God's divine item being a weapon are very high."

The Sun God twins.
There was the half-Saint who could not handle any weapons and only had divine powers. Then there was Hannah who didn't have any divine powers but had the talent to turn herself into a sword master.
One had the Sun God's power, while the other had the talent to become a warrior.