Chapter 257 - Eat Up (4)

The last remaining stone spear fell away from Cale's body.
Cale's blood fell into the transparent lake and dyed it red and his body slowly fell toward the lake as his blood had just done.

"You're causing all sorts of troubles."

However, Cale did not fall into the lake.
The ancient Dragon that had approached him at some point supported his body with one hand, catching Cale before he fell into the lake.

Cale was already drenched from being in the water and covered in blood that falling into the lake would not have mattered, but that wasn't the problem.

Eruhaben quickly laid Cale down on the grass next to the lake.

Huff, huff.
Cale was not able to breathe properly.

He seemed to be trying very hard to take every breath. He was coughing up black blood and his limbs were shaking. His body was twisting as if he could not handle it.

"Eruhaben-nim! What is going on right now?"

Beacrox frowned after seeing Cale's condition. It was very different than the times when Cale would cough up blood every so often.

The person who was calm even when he was hurt, coughing up blood, or fainting was currently in pain because he was unable to handle the pressure.
Beacrox suddenly recalled his father, Ron's comment.

'You're the only one I can rely on since I cannot go myself.'

He had followed without complaining because it had sounded serious.
He then just sat back and watched as it seemed as if Cale was just going to gain another ancient power.

However, he could clearly tell that something was different after seeing young master Cale's pain-filled expression.

"Can we just leave him like this?"

Beacrox was speaking with a sharp tone.
Eruhaben kneeled down next to Cale and responded back.

"We have to leave him like this."
"What do you mean?"
"Cale Henituse is currently fusing his plate back together."

Eruhaben stopped for a moment before continuing on.

"I didn't expect that to be this painful though. We can't heal him in any way right now. Foreign powers cannot enter his body until this process is finished."

The ancient Dragon was getting a headache.
He had never seen anything like this in his 1,000 years of life.

'I didn't know that there would be such a strong clashing of powers.'

The natural attributes in Cale's body were violently clashing with each other. Eruhaben started to frown. It was hard for even him to watch Cale, who was in so much pain that he could not even open his eyes.
Seeing the always calm and collected punk being in a situation like this was difficult.

"Ugh!"

Cale coughed up another chunk of blood.
Cale felt as if his insides were flipping over. It felt as if his entire body had turned into glass and someone was hitting at him with a small hammer.
He felt like someone was stepping all over his body and that everything inside was twisting around simply to cause him pain.

Cale was getting extremely annoyed.

'Is this supposed to be some type of martial arts novel now? Am I going through a body purification? What kind of sudden and unexpected pain is this?
It'd be one thing if my body would get stronger from this purification, but it's just turning my plate into a slightly bigger glass plate. What's the point of that?!'

Of course, it was a good thing that he would not die, but Cale could not help but be annoyed.

'This god damn, 'Birth of a Hero!' '