Chapter 270 - With Love (3)

Leeb-An City, the free city for adventurers and mercenaries.
However, it became a lawless city for pleasure once the sun went down.

This was especially the case for the east side of Leeb-An City that was controlled by the underground organizations.

Choi Han was deep in thought while standing on top of a building's roof.

'The sun is setting.'

The sky was turning red from the sunset.

It made him recall something from tens of years ago. He had not been very strong at that time and there were many carnivores that could threaten him in the Forest of Darkness.

That was why he headed home whenever he saw the sky turning red through the lush trees.
His home was a cave or a hole in the ground and changed every two to three days.

'I guess it wasn't really a home. I never stayed anywhere long term.'

It was as Choi Han watched the sunset and recalled the desperation he felt at that time.

"So, you're saying we need to kill this Mostue first?"

Choi Han quickly came back to reality at Cale's harsh words.

"Yes sir! The balance of power that was 5:5 just six months ago is now 6.5:3.5. Of course, the 3.5 is Mostue's share!"

The Mount Leeb's former bandit leader responded with excitement.

Mostue's faction and Arm's faction were currently engaged in a fierce fight for power in the free city Leeb-An's underworld.

"Mostue's faction is lasting quite a while."
"It is because the Mercenaries Guild is protecting Mostue's faction."

The merchants and mercenaries have always had strong influences in Leeb-An City.
That was why the two forces took turns controlling the market. It was no surprise that they had a close relationship with the underworld and that corruption was rampant.

Even if Arm was the Eastern continent's strongest faction in the underworld, they could not have a negative relationship with the Mercenaries Guild that had branches all throughout the continent.
That was why they were slowly and carefully taking down Mostue's faction without touching the mercenaries.
You could say that they were going at it at a leisure pace.

Cale nonchalantly commanded the bandit leader who finished his explanation.

"Head down."
"Yes sir! I will see you again soon!"

The former bandit leader bowed before quickly climbing down the stairs in order to get off of the roof. Seeing the bandit leader leave made Choi Han approach Cale.

"Are we heading out now?"

Cale looked toward Choi Han who asked a lot of questions these days and started to speak.

"Choi Han."
"Yes Cale-nim."

Choi Han could see Cale petting On and Hong. They seemed to like it as they rubbed their heads on Cale's palm.

Cale started to speak to Choi Han who was watching that peaceful scene.

"We will start with Leeb-An City to clear the Eastern continent of Arm. I also plan to get rid of the Empire and Alchemy as well."

Choi Han looked at Cale with an odd expression. Cale shrugged his shoulders and continued to speak.

"I think that we should shed as little blood as possible to get rid of Arm. We will set the foundation in Leeb-An City. After that, we will work with the Dragon half-blood in order to hit them at their core. I think that we need to get rid of Arm for good."