Chapter 279 - Do you want to live? (3)

However, aside from feeling flabbergasted, Cale felt a strange vibe.

He couldn't see the person who could be considered a set with Toonka.

"Where is Chief Harol?"

Chief Harol Kodiang. Cale didn't see the crazy bastard born from the unfortunate fate between the master of the Magic Tower and a citizen.

He was the calm yet insane bastard who hated mages and wanted to rid the world of magic.

'Clopeh is a peaceful bastard in comparison to that guy.'

However, he couldn't be seen even though Cale and Choi Han had arrived.

In order to avoid the eyes of the Whipper Kingdom's people who were hostile against magic, a teleportation magic circle was secretly created in the basement of the royal palace.

It was a place that was under close supervision since it was a space used by a part of the royal family and the kingdom's leaders.

That was why Toonka and his subordinates, as well as the mages dispatched by the Roan Kingdom, were the only ones there.

But then why was Harol Kodiang, the one commanding the military operation and everything related to the war, not there with them?

It didn't make sense.

'Looks like something happened.'

Cale realized that something must have happened in the Whipper Kingdom.

Did Toonka notice the look in Cale's eyes? Toonka started to frown. The combination of Toonka's big build and fierce looks made his grimacing face look even scarier.

Cale observed Toonka's expression and started to think.

'If he fought with that face, all the Empire's knights would be frightened.'

However, despite his vicious-looking face, Toonka looked at his subordinates and spoke with a sigh.

"Follow me. We will head over to where the Chief is."

Toonka turned around and headed towards the entrance first. He could hear Cale's voice coming from behind him.

"What's the problem?"

Toonka hesitated for a moment before opening his mouth.

It was something that Chief Harol was supposed to talk about with Cale, but it wouldn't make a difference even if he was told ahead of time.

"After the Imperial Prince made his speech, the Empire sent the Whipper Kingdom a secret correspondence."

'What?
The Empire's Imperial Prince sent the Whipper Kingdom a secret correspondence?'

Cale, who had been busy meeting the Flame Dwarves and the Bears while completing other preparations after the Imperial Prince's speech, frowned at this news he heard for the first time.

'Why did the bastards who declared war on the Whipper Kingdom suddenly send them a secret correspondence?'

Creak.

The door opened. Toonka could not see Cale nor his subordinates and looked straight forward as he stepped out and responded.

"The Empire offered a proposal."

Commander Toonka currently felt angry and frustrated.

Cale recalled the Toonka from the past who would smash everything to pieces and never looked back as he ran off. He liked that kind of Toonka.

Unfortunately, Toonka couldn't act as he used to in the past due to his current circumstances. Suppressing his frustration, Toonka informed Cale about the current situation.