Chapter 229 - But it's more comfortable here? (3)

It became completely quiet at that moment. However, that silence was soon broken by someone's loud laughter.

"Hahaha! You're going to capture me and beat me up? Ahahaha, ah, you are really funny bastards."

Boom.
The large axe on his arm slammed down onto the ground. The bandit leader started to glare at Cale.

"I hate weaklings who boss other people around the most."

He was from somewhere that kept slaves locked up and made them fight.
The Gladiator Arena.

It was the place where he had to fight against his sworn younger brother. His younger brother had made him smile up to the day of the fight.

The bandit leader had to survive in the arena since he was 12 years old.

The bastards that made him fight against his sworn younger brother were weaklings who only gave orders with their fingers.

"It feels good when I kill those types of bastards!"

His large body started to move.

"Gasp!"

The bandit who Cale was consoling gasped after seeing the bandit leader heading over toward him with the large axe. The axe was the size of an average adult.
It was the symbol of the bandit leader's immense strength as well as a source of fear for the others. Even merchants would get scared when they saw this axe.

'A, am I going to die? Do I need to dodge?'

All sorts of thoughts clashed in the bandit's head as he felt his body freeze up. However, he heard someone's voice at that moment.

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

The bandit turned his head.
He could see a look of being unfairly judged on the face of the red-haired man.

'He thinks it is an unfair judgment?'

The bandit found it to be odd, but Cale truly felt that he was being wronged.

'Only sit back and give orders?'

Cale wished he had such a life. Why would he come all the way to the Eastern continent if he could live that way? He would roll in bed and never get up.

Cale was more emotional than ever from feeling wronged as he reached his hand out.

Baaaaang!

A loud explosion echoed through the mountain.
The bandit looked forward with his jaws dropped in shock. He could see Cale. He could also see the shield coming out of Cale's body.

The axe was blocked by the shield.
It did not manage to even leave a tiny scratch on the shield.

The bandit leader put some more strength into his hands.
He could see the red-haired man looking at him from the other side of the shield. He didn't know if this shield was made of magic or something else, however, his palm became numb the moment his axe struck it.

He was born with a naturally gifted body. That was why he had never felt pain nor did he never have enough strength. He was even able to win against most middle-grade knights. However, he felt that his strength was lacking for the first time in his life.

The corners of his mouth started to go up.

"Hehehe."

He could see the cold gaze of the man on the other side of the shield.

Yes, it was this feeling.

Gladiator.
There was something that allowed someone like him who could originally not even lift a sword to rise up from the bottom.
It was not his gifted strength but this sensation.