Chapter 285 - Without Front or Back (1)

Skeleton birds.

The largest bird was about 15 meters in length.

The large birds made out of bones unfurled their wings.

Their wings blocked the sunlight.

A shadow fell over the Empire's knights.

"That's-?"

Duke Huten turned his gaze toward the sky and then looked back forward again.

"Hehehe."

As the Duke unsheathed his sword, the barbarian who had been blocked by a wall of knights burst into laughter.

Toonka looked like he was dying of laughter. However, Duke Huten couldn't laugh along as he looked at Toonka's expression.

Five in total.

Four birds rose up together along with the one large bird in the center.

"Duke-nim!"

Behind him came the urgent voice of one of the Empire's mage.

"This is the energy from highest-grade magic stones! Those are bones embedded with magic stones!"

The leisurely look in Duke Huten's eyes changed. There was no urgency, however, there was a look of sharp fury in his eyes. He observed the barbarian, Toonka, who was looking at him and started to speak.

"Flame Dwarves and magic stones."

It was probably the Flame Dwarves who had assembled those bones together.

Huten knew the face of that Flame Dwarf tribe's chief. As an excellent sword master, if Huten concentrated his aura into his eyes, he could see the face of that Dwarf in the sky that the other knights could not see.

After all, would it make sense if Duke Huten of the Empire didn't know the face of the leaders affiliated with the Indomitable Alliance?

The Flame Dwarf chief who wasn't supposed to be here had appeared.

In addition, there was a skeleton that was moving through magic stones.

There was only one thing missing from the equation.

"Mages."

Anger was visible on Duke Huten's face.

The Whipper Kingdom was a place where all magic was supposedly eradicated.

He was not talking about the Whipper Kingdom's mages.

Duke Huten looked past the barbarian warriors who were laughing at him and focused his gaze.

"It seems like the Breck Kingdom dared to interfere in this battle."

The Flame Dwarves were captured and taken prisoner by the Breck Kingdom.

Flame Dwarves were weak in creating magic devices, yet those bastards were able to create a bird like that?

That was impossible without the help of mages.

Duke Huten's gaze headed toward the top of Maple Castle's walls.

He could see a woman at the center of the walls who was openly making her presence known by stirring the mana around her.

That woman, Rosalyn, was looking down at Duke Huten.

"Is this the Breck Kingdom's decision?"

Huten's voice was quite loud after being amplified through his aura. It was so that Rosalyn, who was standing above the castle walls, could hear him. Toonka was no longer the focus of his attention.