Chapter 313 - Night (3)

Cale's open palm clenched into a fist.

Crackle!
A black tree trunk dug deeper into the bottom of the airship as he did that.

"No, this can't be happening!"

The hands of the alchemist in charge were shaking. He bit down on his lips so hard that they were bleeding.

Drip.

However, he didn't have the time to pay attention to that.

"Leader-nim, it is tilting!"

Screeeech.
A chilling screech could be heard as the airship started to tilt toward one side. The alchemist grabbed onto the railing in order to maintain his balance as he glared at Cale.

Tap. Tap.
Cale was slowly walking.
The knights charged toward him like bugs being drawn toward a light, however, none of them could reach Cale.

Shhhhhhh-
Cale took a step into the air. Black tree trunks flew over one by one in order to create a staircase for him.
Cale stepped onto this spiderweb-like path of wood that he had created.

– Human, are you going?

He then started to run.
Swoooosh, the Sound of the Wind created a gust at the tip of his feet. Cale quickly followed the wind toward the airship.

The alchemist who had been watching with bloodshot eyes immediately started to shout.

"Activate the magic circle!"

Ooooooong.
The magic circle that had been prepared for a while started to light up.
A red aura was gathering on top of the large magic circle.

The alchemist then waved his hand. Black mana covered his neck while his voice that was amplified with black magic rung out to the Empire's forces.

"All soldiers should cut through the tree trunks! Aim for the enemies! Shoot the arrows!"

He quickly said a couple more things.

"Go inside the homes and find some kindling! Burn all the trees!"

The soldiers who had been blankly staring at everything finally started to move. It was because they felt as if they could really lose if things continued like this. This was especially the case for the regular soldiers who did not know much about the dead mana bombs. What they saw was both amazing and scary.

But they still had to find a way to survive.
The soldiers took out their weapons.

"L, let's go fight!"
"We need to go! We need to get to the airship before the enemies get there!"

The soldiers cut through the trunks and started to shoot arrows at the warriors who were running across the path of trunks.

The alchemist turned off his amplification magic and gave his subordinate an order.

"Call in the knights. Have all of the mages who are not handling the magic circle prepare to attack!"

'Call in the knights?'

The alchemist whispered to his subordinate who seemed confused.

"Throw the remaining dead mana bombs and magic bombs underneath the airship. I'm sure it will at least stop the tree trunks and prevent the enemies from approaching. Furthermore-"

The alchemist had a cold gaze in his eyes.

"We will lift off immediately."
The confusion in the subordinate's eyes disappeared. He figured out why they were calling in the knights and leaving the soldiers behind. They were going to escape while the soldiers tied the enemies down.
The alchemist used amplification magic once more as he started to shout again.