Chapter 230 - But it's more comfortable here? (4)

Ron's cold gaze headed toward Cale. Cale quickly turned his head away while making it look as nonchalant as possible.

– Human, grandpa Ron's gaze is vicious!

Cale's shoulders shuddered after hearing Raon's comment. It could not be helped.

Cale had not told Ron in advance that he would take control of the Eastern continent's underworld. All he had said was to come with him since Ron knew the Eastern continent well.

"...Young master-nim."

Ron's voice did not have its usual gentle nature.
The old man's vicious voice made Cale respond as a reflex.

"You are the only one I can trust to handle this."

It was the truth.
Compared to the terrible actor Choi Han, the innocent Mary, or the oddly talkative Vice Captain Hilsman, Ron was very fitting to be the ruler of the underworld.

However, Cale could not look at Ron.
He was scared.

No matter how strong he got, this old man was oddly even scarier than Choi Han. Someone who charges at you and someone who stealthily approaches you and cuts your head off. Which of the two would be scarier?
It is naturally the latter.

Ron Molan was talented in quietly taking people's lives.
Cale kept his mouth shut and tried his best to avoid Ron's gaze.

However, Ron was focused on Cale's back right now. He was giving off such a scary aura that the former bandit leader kept his mouth shut in fear as he peeked back and forth between Cale and Ron.
Beacrox was in the corner cleaning the dust off of his greatsword and pretending not to care, however, his full attention was on his father.
The silence was broken as Ron started to speak.

"The person who has lost everything once and ran away has lost his viciousness and is now an old man."

Ron was talking about himself.
He had run away with Beacrox after the Molan household went down and he had lost the rest of his family. He had lost his original viciousness and was now just an old man.

He was too old to continue to develop like Choi Han or Mary.

Ron was trying to tell Cale, who was asking him to take control of the Eastern continent's underworld, the harsh truth. It was at that moment. He could hear Cale's voice.
It was full of disbelief.

"No more lies."

Ron flinched.

Cale still could not look at Ron.

'Weak?
Not vicious?
Old?'

If Ron was considered weak, all of the other assassins in the world would need to retire. Why was he acting so modest, unlike his usual self?

Cale did not hide the disbelief in his face.
Ron could not say anything as he looked at Cale who showed his true emotions.

'No more lies?'

Ron looked toward his young master who was too tall to be called a puppy now. He could hear him grumbling.

"All you've been doing during your free time is cleaning your dagger. Weak? You don't know how scary you look each time you do that. My goodness."

The smile on Ron's lips quickly disappeared. He looked down at his hands. What Cale had said was true. He was indeed wiping his dagger every day.
There was a simple reason for it.

It was because he didn't know when the enemies might appear and because they were in the middle of a war.
There was no way he could keep his weapon away from himself during such a time. However, he suddenly thought about something.