Chapter 340 - Huh? (1)

Cale started to think.

'Looks like I'm always dreaming whenever I faint now. It has to be this damn annoying dream though. Is someone doing this on purpose?'

His cold eyes looked around.
He was currently dreaming.

It had to be a dream. How else would he be able to explain going fifteen years into the past?

'Is it that moment?'

It was early January right after he had turned 20 years old. He could see a destroyed concrete wall.

Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo, was curled up inside a building with one destroyed wall.

He could faintly make out the sky as he raised his head through the debris.
It was raining.

"... Fuck."

It really was a damn annoying dream.

Three days.

The Kim Rok Soo during this moment had survived curled up in a corner of this destroyed building for three days by drinking the rain water that fell from the hole above him.

"Damn it."

The rain drops fell on his eyes, but Kim Rok Soo had not even thought about turning his head to the side.
However, the Cale in the dream cussed as he turned his head.

It was dark. He looked around the dark building that was quite a mess.
There were a lot of corpses inside. Corpses of both humans and monsters filled the building.

A sudden change had occurred in the world when he was doing his part-time job at a restaurant one day. As a result of that change, Kim Rok Soo had to fight against monsters.

'It really is that day.'

Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo was the only survivor in this building.
Kim Rok Soo had to survive in the debris of this building for three days as the collapsed portions made it impossible to find the exit.

The first day, he had hoped that no monsters would find him.
The second day, he hoped that someone would come rescue him.
On the third day-

'I had no thoughts at all.'

It could not be helped.
All he could see while being curled up was the dark sky and the debris of destruction, while the only things he could hear were screams and the cries of monsters.

However, this had all ended after three days.
It was before he had awakened as an ability user.

"Huh?"

The tiny hole the size of his palm had been the only thing connecting him to the outside world.
He could see someone through that hall.

"...Hey, can you hear me down there?"

Cale started to frown.
He could not clearly see the face that had blocked the hole. However, he remembered those eyes even after all this time had passed.

It was his former team leader, Lee Soo Hyuk.

"You can hear me, right? Can you move?"

Although he would become a team leader in the future, Lee Soo Hyuk was just one of the first awakened ability users at this point. Using an informal tone from the beginning was very much like his former team leader.
Cale said the same thing he had said to this former team leader when it actually happened.

"...I am hungry."

Lee Soo Hyuk smiled and responded back.

"Looks like you are fine, little punk."