Chapter 235 - Something Obvious (4)

"...Suddenly."

It really had been all of a sudden.

"I suddenly couldn't go berserk. I can't remember how I did it. I need to quickly overcome it and take care of the issue, but I don't remember the method. It really was all of a sudden. I don't know why-"
"Lock, since when did it stop working?"

Pat, pat.
Lock stopped talking as Raon patted him on the shoulder. However, his eyes were still showing signs of uncertainty.

He suddenly cannot enter his berserk transformation.
This sudden regression of strength.
Lock knew when it had started. That was why he could not say it. It would make him seem too stupid and useless.

"That, you see, the moment it started was..."

The tips of Lock's lips started to turn blue.
Cale started to speak at that moment.

"No need."

Lock flinched and looked to the other side.

"I'm sure it'll return someday."
"...Excuse me?"

Lock could see that Cale was speaking with a calm expression on his face. Lock could feel the emotion coming from Cale through his expression and his voice.

"First, we need to fatten you up. Relax and roll around doing nothing."
"He's right! Lock, you are too skinny!"

They were extremely calm, as if they had come here on a vacation. That made Lock open and close his mouth a few times before finally managing to get a few words out.

"...But the battle is coming up."

Battle.
It was such a scary and fearful word.

"And...?"

However, the response he got back was extremely calm.
Lock suddenly felt upset. He started to speak.

"I couldn't go berserk since I heard about the war!"

'Oops.'
Lock's expression crumbled after revealing that fact. He lowered his head and buried his face in his hands.

He recalled the moment he realized he could not go berserk.
It was when Rosalyn told him about the upcoming battle.

It was when she had told him that the Indomitable Alliance was headed to the Breck Kingdom for a final battle.
His heart had started to beat wildly at that moment. It was then that he realized he could not go berserk anymore.

"Ever since that moment, ever since I learned that we are going to fight, I havn't been able to go berserk anymore. I should be fighting alongside everyone else, but why is it that I cannot go berserk right before the battle?"

Lock was full of despair at that fact.
In fact, he was despising himself.
Anybody could see why he would be like this with this timing.

"...It's like I'm trying to avoid the battle. It's as if I am afraid. I need to grow quickly to help."

Lock recalled Rosalyn's look of confusion about how to console him, as well as the shocked expressions on the faces of the others whom he had not seen for a while.
Their concerns for him made him hate himself even more.

"Choi Han hyung and Rosalyn noona saved my siblings and me."

Lock did not think he came all this way on his own. There were too many people who helped guide his cowardly and timid self.

"Young master-nim also saved us and gave us a home. I need to pay you back for that! But why am I like this!"

That was why Lock hated himself right now.
He was embarrassed.
Forget the Wolf King, he was just a weakling.
Lock sighed after seeing that his two hands were still shaking.
He heard Cale's voice again at that moment.