Chapter 258 - Eat Up (5)

Beeeeeeep- Beeeeeeep-

The noise of the alarm of the video communication device endlessly filled the room.
However, nobody could show any reactions to it.

Cale naturally could not do so even if he wanted to, so it was driving him crazy.

'Rosalyn will only call for one of two reasons.'

She would have either been contacted by crown prince Alberu or checking in on Cale, who went to see Eruhaben with Raon in his arms.
Cale was thinking that it was more likely to be the latter.

His short time away was for three days. It had only been two days so far.
There was still one day and 20 hours or so to go. The Alberu that Cale knew would not tell Rosalyn and the others who went to complete a mission about Cale's status this quickly.

Beeeeeep- Beeeeeeep-

The video communication device continued to ring.
She was not hanging up.

'I need to tell them to deal with her for now.'

Cale barely managed to open his eyes to tell his group to handle Rosalyn's call.
It took a bit of time for his eyes to focus.

He then became anxious.

'...Why is Beacrox supporting Ron?'

Beacrox was supporting his father.
But that was not it.

'What is that dagger for?'

It was the dagger that Ron used when he killed his enemies. The old man was holding that dagger while glaring at Cale.
Cale was truly afraid.

On the other hand, Ron could see Cale's bloodshot eyes as well as the tears in the corners of his eyes from the pain.

Ron could not help but feel intense anger as if the entire world was flipping over.

The Eastern continent. It was like the night he lost his wife, family, and household. It was difficult for Ron to calm himself while seeing this red-haired person coughing up blood and being in pain, just like that red night when everything burned away.

That was why he was clenching onto the item that he had on him since he was young in order to calm himself.
The coldness of the dagger helped calm his boiling body.

Click, click.
Ron calmed himself as he touched the dagger. He then gently moved his son Beacrox's hand away from him.

Honestly speaking, Beacrox was not actually supporting Ron and keeping him upright.
Ron knew that Beacrox was actually holding him to stop him from doing something crazy. On the day he had lost everything in the past, he was unable to hold back his anger and tried to go get revenge on his enemies.

If he had not seen the way his wife looked at their son as she closed her eyes for the last moment...
...If he had not seen how Beacrox looked back and forth between his wife and him...

He would have gone to get revenge.
However, Ron chose to run away rather than get revenge.
Beacrox was probably holding onto him, thinking that he would do something similar to that day.

However, Ron was still able to stand it.

All of this happened because of Arm.
His old body was still full of fire.

Click, click.

Ron regained his rationality as he continued to touch the dagger. He slowly approached his puppy young master as he caressed his dagger.

He was actually a tiger and not a puppy, but to Ron, he was still the trash young master-nim and the puppy young master-nim.
He had no choice.

Eruhaben told them that Cale would be like this until his plate finished fusing back together.
Ron approached the bed and kneeled on one knee in order to make eye contact with Cale.
Cale, whose expression still showed a significant amount of pain, opened his mouth.
What was he going to say?