Chapter 231 - But it's more comfortable here? (5)

Cale immediately started to move in order to continue this good start.
He headed out of the small yard in front of the inn entrance. One of the neighborhood grandmas looked toward Cale and the old inn with curiosity.

"Did you buy this inn?"
"Yes, grandmother."

The old woman looked at the handsome red-haired young man with satisfaction and worry.

"This is a good location, but it is very old. Oh, and it doesn't look like you have heard the story about this place. The owner used to run a gambling ring until he fled with his money."
"I heard about it."

The young man hesitated for a moment before continuing to speak with a vigorous expression.

"But shouldn't it work out if I work hard? I have many people working with me. All of us are planning to work hard as if we are living a new life, so please take good care of us."
"Aigoo, you are such a good talker."

The young man's positive demeanor made the old woman start to smile and nod her head.

"Of course. Us new neighbors should look after each other. My husband runs the bakery in the next alley. Come to our shop if you need bread."
"Yes ma'am, thank you very much."

The old woman received the, 'thank you,' from the young man holding two kittens as she headed toward the alley with her bakery.

'A nice young man moved in.'

It was good news for the old woman.
Cale finally lifted his head up once the old woman was no longer visible.
The door slightly opened at that moment and someone started to speak.

"Our Hope and Adventure Loving Inn's goal is to provide warm meals and a relaxing room at a cheap cost for all travelers. Got it?"
"We understand!"
"Yes sir!"

Someone asked and others energetically responded back.

"And our Hope and Adventure Loving Inn also seeks to backstab the bad guys, while our adventures will consist of taking their stuff. Got it?"
"...We will remember it deep in our bones!"
"Yes sir, yes sir! No matter what you say, yes sir!"

Cale started to frown. The bandit leader who was coming out of the door flinched and started to shake.

"Tell everyone to work quietly. Rumors spread before the rats and the birds know about it. Don't you know about that?" ( There is a Korean proverb that says that birds listen to day-words and rats listen to night-words. So, the English equivalent of this would be, 'rumors spread like wildfire.' )
"O, of course!"

The bandit leader quickly came out of the door and closed it.
The sounds of the people inside could no longer be heard once he closed the door.

"Hey, clean the window properly!"
"Make sure there isn't a single speck of dust! Each speck is a single white glove!"

The energetic voices of the bandits quickly disappeared.
The bandits were tormented for three days and nights before they came to Leeb-An City. Cale then picked five bandits who looked useful and brought them with him.

Ironically, they were the same five bandits who had been heading to the stone pillar in order to turn it into a sculpture. They were now completely loyal to Beacrox and Cale.
The five bandits who became the first five staff members of the < Hope and Adventure Loving Inn > would now be responsible and law-abiding staff members.

Cale left the work to the staff as he proceeded with his own tasks.

* * *

Cale looked down from the top of a building that made it possible for him to see the entire Leeb-An City.