Chapter 391 - The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (1)

Unlike the shocked Raon, Singten Merchant Guild's Plavin Singten was thinking that the time was here.
The man in the white mask had mentioned his sincerity.

'Then I guess it is time to test your sincerity.'

The meaning of this statement was obvious.
For Plavin Singten, who had shown his sincerity or received someone's sincerity for over ten years, preferred statements like this rather than vague statements.

It made it easier than playing mind games.

Plavin tried to suck up to the man in the white mask first.

"Sir, why don't you please sit dow-"

The merchant guild leader could not finish his sentence. He could not tell the man in the white mask to sit down.

He looked toward the table where he was having dinner.
He could see the chair that still had the corpse because the subordinates were shocked by the alarm.

Plavin put on an awkward smile.

"Sir, I guess this isn't the best environment to chat."

It was at that moment.

"Why does that matter?"

The man in the white mask walked past Plavin.
The assassin trusted subordinates behind Plavin flinched, but the man in the white mask did not care about that at all.
Plavin turned around following the man in the white mask's movement.

"Nice chair. It must be expensive."

Plavin could see the man in the white mask looking at him from the chair he had just been sitting in.
The way the man in the white mask tapped on the armrest and smiled looked exactly like the other damn people in power whom Plavin had to suck up to in the past.

"Yes sir, it is very expensive. Is it to your liking?"

Plavin immediately approached the man in the white mask.
He then motioned to his subordinate with his hand and the subordinate quickly removed the corpse and brought the chair over to Plavin.

Plavin sat down across from the man in the white mask.
The chair still had a bit of the warmth from the dead man, but Plavin could not feel it at all because of his greed that was heating him up instead.
That greed was completely visible in his eyes.

"This is the contract, and this is the bill for the remaining amount."

The man in the white mask took out the contract and documents related to the Determination of Fire from his spatial pocket bag.

"I have the contract and you should remember my voice, so I don't need to prove who I am or if this contract is real, right?"

Plavin immediately nodded his head.

"Yes sir, there is no need for you to do that. I met you myself in the Caro Kingdom, so that is enough."

He was speaking respectfully as he licked his lips.
Just one thing. There was just one thing he needed to confirm from this man.

How did he find and infiltrate this secret residence?
No, it wasn't a question like that.

Boom. Boom.

Plavin could feel his heart beating wildly as he started to speak.

"Is it possible..."

Plavin made eye contact with the man in the white mask.

"...Sir, is it possible to know how far your reach is?"

Plavin needed to confirm how much influence this man had in the Church of the Sun God. Only then could he decide how far he was willing to go.
Plavin could see the man in the white mask start to smile.