Chapter 310 - From the Bottom (6)

Cale then heard Tasha's voice. The voice that made it through the water sounded worried.

"...This is bad. W, we can't handle this much."

Tasha looked toward her subordinates while standing between Litana and Choi Han who did not know what was going on.
Although some of them were left behind in Section 8, the best of the Dark Elves in the entire Dark Elf city were by her side right now.

All of them had stiff expressions on their faces.
Tasha bit down on her lips.

'...There are so many.'

She had smelled a sweet yet bitter fragrance as soon as they entered Section 7 underwater. That was the fragrance of dead mana that was like a fountain of strength for them.

She was happy to smell it at first.
However, she started to feel suffocated the farther they walked up the river.
There was too much dead mana for them to absorb. Just how much death had to have happened for this much dead mana to be here?

Tasha subconsciously looked toward Mary.
Her father, the current mayor of the Dark Elves' Underground City, had told her a little bit about black magic. ( Either the author made a mistake or there's been a transition of power from Tasha's grandfather Obante to Tasha's father as the mayor of the Underground City. )

'Protect Mary.'
'Excuse me? Father, what do you mean?'
'It is an order as the mayor. Mary might...'

The Dark Elf mayor who had lived for over five hundred years blinked before continuing to speak.

'Yes, this may all just be nature taking its course. It is finally time for someone to receive the will of the Sage of Death.'

'The Sage of Death?
Who is that?'

Tasha was confused, but the mayor continued to speak in a serious tone.

'Take our best warriors with you. I'll send some more as reinforcements as well. However, you MUST protect Mary. We must protect the only necromancer in the world.'

Tasha had planned on protecting Mary even if the mayor had not said to do so.
Alberu was her nephew by blood, however, she felt just as close to Mary. Tasha had still not forgotten about when she had saved the ten-years-old Mary.

"This is bad."

Tasha flinched and turned toward Eruhaben. She knew the true identity of this ancient Dragon, unlike the other Dark Elves. The other Dark Elves were probably debating whether this was real right now and questioning whether Eruhaben really was a Dragon.

Tasha tightly clenched her eyes after hearing the stiff ancient Dragon's comment.

"It looks like the Empire's goal from the beginning was to destroy the Jungle."

An urgent voice shot out through the water after a moment of silence.

"...Just what? What do you mean?"

Litana, the Queen of the Jungle, responded back in anger. Tasha slowly started to explain the power that they were feeling from throughout Section 7.
Both Litana and Choi Han's pupils started to shake after hearing Tasha's explanation.

"S, so, what you're saying is... There are currently dead mana bombs throughout Section 7 and although the Dark Elves may eventually be able to absorb all the dead mana, it will be hard to deal with it at the moment of explosion?"

Litana's voice was shaking as she stood there with a blank expression while trying to calmly assess what Tasha had just told her.

"That is why we might not be able to save everyone, and Section 7 might be destroyed as well?"