Chapter 240 - I Will ... You (5)

Originally, the Gorge of Death should have been destroyed from the magic bombs coming out of the large containers.

Boooooooooooom-

The cliffs started to break apart.
The broken pieces started to fill up the deep gorge.

"H, how is this-"

The knights of the Indomitable Alliance urgently got off of their horses after feeling a rumbling that was beyond what they had expected. They were clutching onto their reins, however, they did not even notice this action as they were at a loss for words while watching what was happening in front of them.

This was the same for the people on the Breck Kingdom's side as well. The soldiers who had been running away from the magic bombs quickly got back up after having fallen from the shock of the explosion.

"That is from our side-"

The soldiers could not help but shake at what their allies had done. Their gazes all headed to a single direction as they got back up.
They were all looking at Cale and his group. They were the only ones who were looking at this explosion with calm expressions.

It was just one part of the Gorge of Death that was hundreds of kilometers long. Those few kilometers of the gorge were filled with rock and dirt.

"The Indomitable Alliance's plan succeeded."

Rosalyn started to laugh even though the enemy's plan had worked.

Why?

It was because she could see a wall of dark blue fire gulping up the broken area of the cliffs.
The dark blue flames glowed in Rosalyn's red pupils.

'Dragons really are amazing.'

Although her insides were not well because of her overuse of mana, she could not stop laughing. She heard a quiet voice by her ear at that moment.

"...Miss Rosalyn, I'm going to let you down now."

Rosalyn flinched. She was still being carried over Cale's shoulders.
She slightly turned her head. She could see that Cale's arm was shaking.

'...Ah, this weak person was-'

Realizing that she was being carried by this weak person, Rosalyn felt extremely sorry. She quickly got off of Cale's shoulder.
She then looked toward him, expecting to see him frowning from being tired. She then flinched again.

His extremely calm face was looking toward the dark blue wall of fire.

'The bridge was blocked.'

The Gorge of Death spanned hundreds of kilometers. The enemy's bridge that should have appeared in the middle of the gorge became useless because of the dark blue wall of fire.

Of course, the enemy may try to do the same thing at the other cliffs around the Gorge of Death.
However, the Dragon's Rages that were installed throughout the cliffs would block them each time.

"Miss Rosalyn."
"Yes, young master Cale. Now the Mage Brigade can slowly take down the enemies in the sky."

Rosalyn was already giving orders to the Mage Brigade with her hands and having them prepare long-distance attack magic spells. She continued to speak with a much more relaxed disposition.

"Have the knights and soldiers line up against the cliffs so that we can detect and prevent the enemies from attempting to do the same thing again."

It was now going to be a prolonged battle.
Cale's group managed to block the enemy's path, however, it also meant that the Breck Kingdom's side could only attack the other side with magic as well. Although they had strong individuals with them, there were not enough of them to handle hundreds of thousands of enemy soldiers.
Furthermore, Rosalyn wanted to win while having the least number of casualties as possible.