Chapter 301 - Following your Instincts (1)

'They're flying back up.'

The Caro Kingdom's crown prince Valentino. He watched as the white skeleton birds that were floating above the Empire's forces fly back up into the sky.

He could also see light shining down on the faces of the Empire's forces again as the birds had been covering up the sun.

"Your highness, I will be on my way as well."

'What? Hilsman?'
Crown prince Valentino watched Vice Captain Hilsman floating up into the sky.

– Vice Captain! The human said to make sure I don't leave you behind!

Hilsman listened to Raon's voice and thought about his lord that was looking for him.
It was time for him to get involved in the war as well.

"This-"

Crown prince Valentino and his knights blankly watched Hilsman fly away.
The Vice Captain no longer had the silly expression on his face as it was replaced with a serious expression fitting a highest-grade expert.

"Please take care of the rest."

Crown prince Valentino returned to his senses as Hilsman quietly whispered to him and quickly started to shout.

"Capture that person! He is a subordinate of the bastard who tried to kill Adin!"

He then looked around.
He made eye contact with Imperial Prince Adin.

Valentino walked toward him with a concerned expression on his face.
He needed to remain as Adin's close friend for now. It was not yet time for Valentino to stab Adin in the back.

Clang!
Clang!

"Follow his highness's orders!"

He could hear his subordinates playing along as he urgently rushed toward Adin.
He looked around as he did that.

People looked shocked at this unexpected development.
However, that shock was slowly disappearing from their faces.

Valentino paid close attention to the soldiers, knights, and nobles.

He could see the changes in their expressions.
Fear and disbelief replaced shock.

Black magic and Saint Jack.
The people of the Empire slowly started to suspect and question things after seeing both of them.

'Amazing.'

Valentino could not hide his shock toward Cale's side. At the same time, he could not help but loathe the Empire even more.

'They've done too many dirty things.'

He started to speak to Adin who was touching his neck.

"Are you okay?"

Adin slightly nodded his head and started to shout toward the other side.

"Do not let the enemy's words shake you!"

The Empire's forces looked toward him, even though his words could not stop their shaking hearts.

"Why is alchemy black magic? It is the pillar that has supported the Empire for hundreds of years! Don't forget that it was the only place to reach out to help the children of the slums!"

The chaos died down a bit.
The children of the slums and Honte who was the evidence of the program's success. Honte was alive and well as he shouted from next to the Imperial Prince.

"I just used regular magic. The mages here would have felt an evil aura if it was black magic!"

The people could see the mages nodding their heads. The Captain of the Mage Brigade spoke up.