Chapter 223 - Do Not Worry (4)

The crown prince seemed to be crying as he ran toward Cale. Cale wanted to retreat backwards when he saw the crown prince's face.
Valentino ran forward without any worry as Mary had already purified the dead mana on the ground.

"Commander!"

He grabbed onto both of Cale's hands.

'Aigoo.'

Cale turned his gaze beyond the crown prince's shoulders and off into the distance. However, Castle Leona happened to be behind Valentino.
He could see the castle walls as well as the soldiers, knights, and mages standing on the wall. Many eyes were focused on Cale.

'Welp.'

That was the only thought on Cale's mind right now.
He heard a voice behind him at that moment.

"Commander-nim, we have captured the Bears that did not manage to escape onto the ships."

It was the Dark Elf Tasha. Cale welcomed her voice. He quickly moved his hands out of Valentino's grasp and turned toward her.
Tasha lifted both of her hands up once they made eye contact. She was still covered in dead mana.

"Ah, Commander-nim. I apologize. I can't approach you because of the dead ma-"

"It's fine as long as we don't touch."

Tasha smiled after seeing Cale walk right up to her.

"You are correct. You will be safe as long as we don't touch."

Cale looked past Tasha's shoulder.
He could see the shore in the distance.

"Y, you bastards!"
"You cheaters!"

The other Dark Elves were surrounding the remaining Bears. The dead mana seemed to be carried by the wind as it created a wave-like ring around the Bears.

"It must have been hard gathering them into one spot."

Cale looked at the center of the Bears. He could see the large Polar Bear that was almost three meters tall. He was sitting on the ground with his berserk state removed.
His body was covered in injuries. The wind from the elementals had created those injuries.

"It must have been hard capturing that Polar Bear as well."

Tasha smiled at Cale who was looking past her shoulder. There was red blood on her shoulder. The liquid dead mana and blood mixed together as it dripped down her arm.
It was the proof that she was an existence that was in line with nature. Although she had dead mana, she was still similar to other lifeforms. Red blood was clear proof of that fact.
Tasha used her hand to press down on the bloody area as she opened her mouth.

"Is this your first time seeing a Dark Elf's blood?"
"All blood is pretty much the same color."

Tasha's smile became brighter at Cale's stoic response. Cale found Tasha, who was injured but smiling brightly, to be weird as he took a handkerchief out of his pocket.

"I know potions don't work on you, so use this to help stop the bleeding."
"Yes sir, thank you very much."
Tasha caught the handkerchief Cale threw toward her as she continued to speak.

"Then we will take care of the rest as well."
"That-"

Tasha could see the person approaching them from behind Cale. It was crown prince Valentino.
All of the Dark Elves lived in the Underground City underneath the Land of Death.
This was someone who might end up ruling the Caro Kingdom that encompassed the Land of Death.

She observed how Valentino hesitated without being able to walk right up to them.
He was hesitating because he was afraid of the dead mana and because he was not familiar with the Dark Elves. That was how the Dark Elves had been treated until now, and quite possibly the same thing she would end up experiencing for the rest of her life.