Chapter 249 - Will Block It (5)

"But even with the coordinates, there should be defensive maneuvers in place in order to prevent unapproved magic from being used inside the palace."

Rosalyn commented about Cale's plan.

Even if Askosan and Norland were not very adept with magic, they should still have basic palace security measures.

"Furthermore, we need the permission of the palace's mage to teleport in."

Other than teleportation magic circles used in secret inside the palace, the majority of the public teleportation magic circles were programmed to need the mage's permission for security measures.

Cale didn't respond to Rosalyn's questions and just looked toward Clopeh, who responded back confidently.

"We have bribed them."
"What, just what-"

Rosalyn stopped herself there. It was because Clopeh continued to speak.

"There are some mages who remain in the palace for the defense of the capital instead of going to war, however, there are some selfish ones who do not go to simply to protect themselves. It is not hard to bribe one of those types of mages."

The calmly smiling Clopeh was giving off an aura that was fitting for the North's majestic Guardian Knight.

"There are bound to be potential traitors no matter where you go. There will also be people who like money."

However, the words he spewed out had no traces of that majestic nature.

"Furthermore, the teleportation magic circle we will be transporting to is not the teleportation magic circle inside of the palace."

'Didn't he say the coordinates for the palace?'

Clopeh gently continued to speak after seeing the confusion on Rosalyn's face.

"When we were first creating the Indomitable Alliance, the Paerun Kingdom had purchased residences close to the two kingdom's palaces. We purchased them in the name of a fallen noble household."

"Oh."

Cale let out a quiet gasp.

Trust and teamwork would have been important in the beginning stages of the Indomitable Alliance.
However, the Paerun Kingdom had planted the necessary seeds for betrayal from the beginning.

'Are these bastards going to do the same thing to us?'

Cale peeked toward Alberu, who stealthily nodded his head to respond back. He then calmly started to speak to Clopeh.

"Then you must have installed the teleportation magic circles inside those residences."
"That is the case."
"Then let us move now. It is a battle against time now."

Cale agreed with the crown prince.

They only needed to send a few people. They couldn't allow the enemies to notice that they had left and start to attack again.

Of course, they would not lose that easily because only Cale and a few others were missing.

Cale looked toward the source of his confidence. Alberu shrugged after seeing Cale's gaze.

"I will stay here leading the troops for the time being."

There was someone who could effectively lead the troops while Rosalyn and Cale were both gone.

Alberu Crossman.

As someone who was known as having more strength than a middle-grade knight, the knights would listen to his orders. He was also the true master of the Mage Brigade, so the mages would listen to him anyway.