Chapter 349 - Severance (3)

Suddenly Cale's mind became calm.
The enemy that the former owners of the ancient powers had to fight. Cale had asked about that person, but nobody had answered him yet.

Swoooooosh- Swooooooosh-

He could hear the wind that was outside the temple.

On the other hand, the corridor inside the temple was completely silent. It was also dark without any source of light.

'Friend, there are no traps in that temple. You just have to follow the dark corridor down. I will give you a fire orb magic scroll, so use that.'
'Human! You don't need the Mercenary King's scroll! I will make you one! Use the great and mighty Raon' Miru's orb!'
'Ignore the little kid and use mine.'

Smirk.

Just thinking about it made Cale smirk even during this serious moment. He took out a magic scroll from his spatial pocket bag.

Riiiiiip.

A fire orb appeared in the air as he ripped the scroll.

'Goldie gramps! The human needs to use mine!'
'Aigoo, my poor life.'

Raon Miru was the winner in the end.
Cale looked toward the fire orb shining above his head. He then flinched.

'My drinking buddy, there is a painting on the ceiling of the temple's corridor, but you can just ignore that.'

'Ignore this? Ignore this painting on the ceiling?'

However, Cale had no choice but to pay attention.
The first image on the spot on the ceiling closest to him.

"...The Jungle?"

It was too similar to the Western continent's Jungle.
It was at that moment.

– In the past.

In ancient times.

– There was a human who wished to become a god.

The thief started to speak again.

"Someone who wished to become a god?"

The thief resumed speaking after Cale asked the question.

– No. He wasn't trying to become a god.

Cale looked at the ceiling.
There was a temple located in the area that looked similar to the Jungle.

– He wished to become nature itself.

Cale started to walk.

– And there was a group of people who followed behind him.

The Jungle.
A temple.
The followers of the person who wished to become nature itself.
Cale started to speak.

"...The Forest of Darkness?"

He thought about what the glutton priestess of the Indestructible Shield said in the past.

'I was born in the Jungle.'
'The Jungle was dark back then. The trees were all black. That was why it was called the Forest of Darkness as well.'

– You are right. The name of the followers was, 'The Forest of Darkness.'

She continued to speak.

– The glutton was one of the people who were captured as priestess candidates.

Cale recalled something else the glutton priestess had said.

'The Forest of Darkness bastards never gave me anything delicious while saying that they were people who served a god.'
'Of course, I was kicked out of there.'